Complaint Review: FEDEX

• Reported By: Darrin Silverman — Bandon Oregon United States of America
FEDEX
p.o. box 108 Pittsburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

FEDEX FEDEX Misdelivered $1200 package to UPS. Pittsburg, Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: your rebutt is a ripfoff kenny

*Author of original report: response

*Consumer Comment: I guess the question is....

On 6/14/11 The Fedex driver out of the Anaheim, CA office misdelivered my 1961 Fleer Wilt Chamberlain rookie card to a UPS forwarding station located at 2826 Willis st in Santa Ana, CA 92705. I sent the card to Professional Sports Authenticators located a few blocks away. The tracking # was 863653615012459. The card was already graded a PSA 7 and had a value of $1100. The PSA serial # was 18900634.

The driver waited almost a week to try and retrieve the card and said he was unable to. Somebody at the UPS station signed for it. I found out the driver misdeliverd many packages on almost a daily basis to this location and routinely did not scan all of the items. The Anaheim office manager told me the driver had been fired. I wrote FedEX twice and both times recieved letters from their legal dept quoting me the company line telling me tough luck, we are sorry for you loss but we are not responsible for more than $100. [continued below]....
..... The authorized FEDEX shipping company I used filed a claim of $1000 on my behalf, but FEDEX only sent a check for $100 and not even to me. They sent the check to the shipping company I used in their name. I live in Oregon and filed a police report but Anaheim police station told me they did not have the manpower to investigate. I talked to the UPS station where it was misdelivered and they told me that they received up to 50 packages a  day from FEDEX and driver misdeliverd packages on almost a daily basis and often did not scan misdeliveries that were returne. I believe this driver had a history of negligence and may even have stolen my card but can not prove it and the FEDEX office in Anaheim will not give me any info on him when I called because I wanted to file a civil lawsuit againt the driver.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FEDEX/Pittsburg-Pennsylvania-/FEDEX-FEDEX-Misdelivered-1200-package-to-UPS-Pittsburg-Pennsylvania-1003788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FEDEX

your rebutt is a ripfoff kenny

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

NO I DON'T WORK FOR BOB FROM IVRINE

response

AUTHOR: Darrin Silverman - (United States of America)

Hi, thanks for your input. Fedex does not sell insurance. They let you declare a value for a fee. I did not declare a value because I was told by Fedex customer service that FedEx would not pay out more than $100 for a collectible sportscard. Tell me why was the driver fired. Why did Fedex refuse to send out and investigator. This wasn't a lost item. The Fedex driver took it to the wrong address where someone else signed for it. Fedex originally called me and told me my package was recovered and dropped off at the right address, then called me two days later and said that it was a mistake and the driver returned another misdelivery that was meant for Professional Sports Authenticators. This was not an accident, this was total driver negligence.

I guess the question is....

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

How much did you insure this shipment for?

If you accepted the default amount you're kind of out of luck and all your reasoning as to how it happened is meaningless.
It sounds like they paid what they were obligated to and you are exaggerating the actions of FedEx to bolster your story.

While it's really sad this happened, it's NOT a Ripoff.

No, I DON'T work for them.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC