Complaint Review: fema

• Submitted: Tue, May 21, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, May 21, 2013

• Reported By: ronald — ft myers Florida
box 2965 shawnee mission, Kansas USA

fema when my loan did not close fema refused to return my 1290 flood insurance money that was required for loan shawnee mission Kansas

I tryed to get a home equity loan to pay my taxes and purchased required flood insurance from fema. One week before closing they said I also need flood insurance on my barn. We had no time to do this so we did not close. Fema said suntrust bank would have to produce a letter stating that the loan did not close and I would receive my refund in 2-3 weeks.This suntrust did. After 5 weeks fema stated I would not receive any refund because it was a home equity loan and not a regular loan. They said that is the law. I do not need the insurance and they are going to keep my money. A total rip off!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 12:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/fema/shawnee-mission-Kansas-66201/fema-when-my-loan-did-not-close-fema-refused-to-return-my-1290-flood-insurance-money-tha-1052691. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fema