- Report: #466762
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Ferrell Gas
Ferrell Gas7038 Westside Saginaw Road Bay City, Michigan U.S.A.
Ferrell Gas "Contract" Bay City Michigan
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
In May be got a bill for $80.00. They said that because we had not called within 30 days of some letter they sent out in the mail in April we would have to pay an $80.00 fee, because they had purchased all the propane for us we would need for the winter.
I called and called the local office and spoke to the manager who I had heard Horrible stories about. She refused to remove the fee.
I tried to sue them, but wasn't sure if it would be cost effective.
Luckily today the HQ for FerrellGas called me, and said why haven't you paid this fee. I explained, and they said they would send an email to the local office telling them to drop the charge!
I have been looking everywhere for their main office number, and my local office REFUSED to give me any other number than their local office number. HERE IS THE MAIN OFFICE NUMBER! 888-700-7279. If this happens to anyone else, do not pay the money, just call the main office.
Just today I spoke to someone at their main office again as my local office is once again refusing to drop this fee. When we began dealing with them we never signed any papers, made sure we were not in any contract, and used down the propane in the tank below 5% so there would be no pick up fee.
The fee they are now adding to with "late fee's" is because they are saying that in April they sent all of their customers a letter saying "if you do not call us with in 30 days we will purchase the gas we assume you will need for the winter. If you decide to switch companies without calling us within 30 days we will charge you 5% of all the propane we purchased for you". WELL! They SAY they sent me this letter in the mail.
1. I never got the letter.
2. the local office refused over and over to give me the corporate number.
3. The people esp. the female manager I spoke with were EXTREMELY rude and aggressive.
4. I have been hearing horrible stories from many friends and family members about this company. Too bad I hadn't heard these before I began dealing with them!!
5. The woman manager of the branch kept saying she checked with her lawyer, and she says she can legally make people have to pay this 5% fee if they do not call within 30 days of the letter she "says" she sent out. I am somehow now in a contract??? I NEVER signed anything, and spoke to this office last year to make sure that I would never have any canceling fees, or anything like that.
We really never signed up with this company to begin with, because the bank we bought our house from delt with them.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2009 10:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ferrell-Gas/Bay-City-Michigan-48706/Ferrell-Gas-Contract-Bay-City-Michigan-466762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.