sequence

• Updated: Fri, January 31, 2014

• Reported By: JJJ — Buckeye Arizona
Festival Dental Group
13869 W. Bell Road Surprise, Arizona USA

Festival Dental Group dishonest Didn't give $200 discount as advertised Surprise Arizona

My husband and I started going to Festival Dental a couple of years ago, even though it meant leaving a dentist that we trusted.  Our insurance did not work with the old dentist so we chose Festival Dental off the list supplied by the insurance company.

We never had any dental work done except cavities filled before that.  We understand that teeth age, just like people.  In the time with Festival, I was advised to get two caps and my husband was diagnosed with peridontal disease, which requires expensive scaling and follow up for life.

I got one cap done when it was recommended.  A year or so later during a routine cleaning it was recommended that I get another.  I didn't do it then because the estimate was for $920.00.  I'm a retired teacher and not readily able to spend that.  However, two months later I received an email that all services were $200 off for a limited time.  So I went to have the tooth worked on and the cap done.

I need to explain that this is a very "tech" office.  They ask you to sign a little black box for every permission and every treatment.  I try to be an informed consumer and asked to see what I was signing every time.  I asked for all of the treatment options to be explained.  No one was verbally rude, but it was obvious that the office staff resented the slow down that all of that required.  I actualy asked them to turn the screen toward me before signing the little black box.

When asked to sign the little black box for the treatment amount, I asked why the amount was the same as the estimate given in May.  I once again, (had mentioned it when making the appointment) asked about my $200 discount which they had advertised.  Then it was listed on the little screen but the total was the same.  I asked why?  In the vaguest of language, I was told to mention it when it was time to actually pay.

After hours in the chair with my mouth open I was exhausted.  I only have so much energy for the day.  I finally went out to pay and once again asked about the discount.  With a smiling face, the clerk said it had been taken off.  I was so tired and disgusted I paid the $920.00, no discount.

Today was the first time I have been back. I had a filling come out and a tooth started to splinter.  They gave me an appointment for the next day, which I appreciated.  The charges came out to about $135 or 153, I don't remember exactly because I didn't get a paper. I'll explain.

I asked to talk to the office manager about that $200 discount.  He looked up my records and said that they didn't say anything about a $200 discount.  I explained that it bothered me then and still bothers me.  He asked if I had a copy of the email that the discount offer came from.  I said no, not an email from July.  I asked if he had a copy of their email.  No, of course not.  He offered to meet me halfway and give me $100 credit.  He said here it was January and I hadn't done anything about it.

I said I wanted my $200.  I wouldn't have had the work done except for that $200 off offer.  He said again that he'd meet me halfway and pretty much said that unless I could prove that I was one of the patients who received the offer he didn't believe me.  I aksed how much I owed for today and that my husband and I wouldn't be back.  He said he'd write off today and I wouldn't owe anything.  The phone on the desk rang, and he held up a hand indicating I should wait and he would get back to me.  There were two other people in the office who could have answered the phone.

I walked out. (That's why I don't have the paperwork from today.)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2014 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Festival-Dental-Group/Surprise-Arizona-85374/Festival-Dental-Group-dishonest-Didnt-give-200-discount-as-advertised-Surprise-Arizona-1119885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Festival Dental Group