Complaint Review: fictitious business name renewal center

• Submitted: Sat, September 25, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, September 25, 2010

• Reported By: Carolyn — Coachella California United States of America
fictitious business name renewal center
2740 fulton ave ste 203 sacramento, California United States of America

fictitious business name renewal center WOW! They almost got us!! sacramento, California

My husband and I have been in business for 4 1/2 years. we received this notice from "fictitious business name renewal center." I was surprised at the large fee of $125.00 but then not surprised by what our government can do with their fees.

The notice had no web site to it and I wanted to pay on line, so I googled the name figuring that these days, every OFFICIAL company and gov. site allows for on line payments.

There was NO web site and came across you all on Rip-off reports! OMG! I couldn't believe it. but when I read the fine print at the bottom of the notice, like many of you said, there it was... "not approved by any gov. agency etc..........."

I checked the official website for our county (like another one of you said) and looked up my real FBN and found it didn't expire till next Feb. not now!!

THANK YOU so much for having this site! you saved us from being scammed!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2010 04:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/fictitious-business-name-renewal-center/sacramento-California-95821/fictitious-business-name-renewal-center-WOW-They-almost-got-us-sacramento-California-644426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fictitious business name renewal center