Complaint Review: fido

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: rollie — oshawa Ontario
Internet, Ontario United States of America

fido interbrand migration early cancellation fee Internet, Ontario

Under the interbrand migration program between Fido and Rogers, I switched my mobile plan from Fido to Rogers. I was 15 months into a 36 month contract with Fido and was told by Fido's e-chat representative that as long as I was more than 1 year with them and up-to-date in all my bills, they would waive the full early cancellation fee (ECF). When i got my bill, i was charged the full ECF and when I called in, they said I am not eligible since I got an iphone with my Fido contract. I believe that this is unfair as it is not stated anywhere and I was not told that this would be a problem.  I escalated my situation and the manager was able to bring the ECF down to $210.  It is better but I still feel that the $100 ECF should be honored.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/fido/Internet-Ontario-/fido-interbrand-migration-early-cancellation-fee-Internet-Ontario-1040365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fido