Complaint Review: Fifth Third Bank

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: jess — savannah Georgia United States of America
Fifth Third Bank
1830 e.paris se grand rapids, Michigan United States of America

Fifth Third Bank daniel hernandez, f.e. troncone, brian moore failed to comply with settlement agreement grand rapids, Michigan

I had a loan with Fifth Third Bank for 2 years. It was always paid on time. Through no fault of my own I became diasabled in October 2012.

Having no income, i knew i could not continue to pay for my car. I contacted the bank immediatly and was advised to sell the car and work out a settlemet with them. I continued making payments while trying to sell the car. I did sell the car on 1-11-13 to CARMAX. While there i negotiated with Fifth Third Bank and settled the outstanding balance of $3600 for $1500 due to my hardship. I was informed that i would be getting a 1099-C because i had to file it as income. I borrowed the $1500.

I transfered $1500 to them, including a $17.75 processing fee. I received a letter accepting the pay-off. Today I received a call that CARMAX still has no title, and Fifth Third Bank is refusing to talk with them, citing privacy issdues. I received a message that Fifth Third Bank will now collect the full amount from my co-signer, and denied any settlement.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2013 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fifth-Third-Bank/grand-rapids-Michigan-49546/Fifth-Third-Bank-daniel-hernandez-fe-troncone-brian-moore-failed-to-comply-with-settle-1009190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fifth Third Bank