• Report: #202480

• Phone: 800-972-3030
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Fifth Third Bank Excessive fees and transfer policy ripoff Indianapolis Indiana

Upon setting up my new checking and savings account with Fifth Third Bank, I was told that checking overdrafts would automatically transfer funds from my savings account. This did not happen. I was charged $99 for three overdrafts which totalled only $8. The bank arranged the overdrafts so that the highest possible number of overdraft fees would be charged. In this case, three overdrafts at $33 each.

Upon complaining, the total overdraft charge was reduced to $50 and I was informed that my savings account would then be connected to my checking account.

Even with the reduced total, this is unfair. I was told that my accounts would be linked. There should be no charge due to their mis-statement.

Verl
indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2006 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fifth-Third-Bank/Indianapolis-Indiana-46241/Fifth-Third-Bank-Excessive-fees-and-transfer-policy-ripoff-Indianapolis-Indiana-202480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fifth Third Bank