Complaint Review: fifth third

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: Ella mae — chicago Illinois
fifth third
cicero, Illinois USA

fifth third 53.com theyre lies to me about overage protection cost $1200 they are forcing me to pay cicero Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Lets WAIL The Night Away!

i too am now a victim of this banks unethics. I was suggested to activate overage protection, while on a call with a rep after it was determined that a disputed transaction resolution could not be reached that day. I told her since this is a bank issue, I WOULD NOT subject myself to additional fees. This rep stated, oh, you will not be subject to ANY fees, and I became gladdened, and then proceeded with acceptance of this i was "eligible" for. She conferenced in the terms and conditions to be accepted, and confirmed it was activated after i had done this. I asked do i go to the atm, or can i use the card...she stated i could use either.

I have had my first deposit go in today, and noticed it is not covering only purchases, but overdraft fees... over $1200 in overdraft fees. Of course, they are blaming me for this... stating they mailed out a subsequent letter... I saw the letter but it did not reference my call stating i would receive no fees, so i thought this was a confirmation letter of overage protection!!!

theyre not willing to reverse these fees so essentially theyre telling me, "we gotcha!".. The grief this has caused me has me up right now, 3am, with a travel arrangement for this weeknd unable to prepare for. they have basically stolen my money! I have filed a complaint with consumer financial, after 5 hours on the phone with these $#@!. tomorrow this will be sent to a lawyer, or, i may even take them to court myself and pay myself a lawyer fee, as well as for my time, and for this unreasonable injust. I agree. this bank is worst than a thief, while being a muse as a professional, financial institutions.

I have a total of 5 active checking and savings accounts first started many years ago, so i generally complete transfers from those other accounts to avoid overdraft fees. this is the only account today with such totals. never any request or credits hacing been needed on any of these accounts. theyre all funded with electronic deposits frequently, so i was robbed of consideration of alternate options to avoid overdraft fees, by being advised there were no fees. I WOULD HAVE DONE TRANSFERS, instead of using a card with fees for $8 and $9 transactions.just a flat out lie.

rep told me, youre usually fiscally responsible... u have no fees n the past.. this is a slap in my face since she can state this as if i am 'no longer fiscally responsible"... only after having asked all the right questions, while speaking with their representative that suggested overdraft coverage with no fees ...but WAS CHARGED over $1200 for this. lunacy!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2013 01:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/fifth-third/cicero-Illinois/fifth-third-53com-theyre-lies-to-me-about-overage-protection-cost-1200-they-are-forcing-1066387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fifth third

Lets WAIL The Night Away!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You can blame the bank all you want but the fact is you don't keep records of your running balance...you keep using the account with YOU having absolutely NO CLUE as to how much money you have and YOU gave YOURSELF overdraft fees!

Learn how to manage a checking account!