Complaint Review: Financial Credit Services

• Submitted: Thu, August 23, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2007

• Reported By:visalia California
Financial Credit Services
4801 Emerson Ave Palantine, Illinois U.S.A.

Financial Credit Services unauthorized payments Palantine Illinois

My husband just received a letter stating he owes $6819.39 from a collection agency for an old discover card. MY husband and I Have been married over 12 years and we never owned a discover card when I called the agency to ask about the bill they told me it was opened in 1995 and they would offer me a settlement to pay it off before they put it in a judgement or take it to court.

She told me that she would need my checking account number in order to go any further, so i gave her the info and she told me the date the first payment would be of $391. and gave me a second date for the $1566. I advised her I wasn't sure If I had the money to pay that she said if I could not pay it to call her the next day.

After I talked to My husband he said we didn't have that money to pay in 2 weeks which I didn't realize the date so I called back to tell her not to run the check for the $391.00 because I wasn't going to have the money for the rest she kept insisting for me to give her another date to run the check I told her NO because I didn't have the money for the rest. I did not want that money taken out! Our phones were disconnected I could not call back because I was at worK a few days later I checked my account and found the money had been taken out.

When I called they said it was already set to go through and they couldn't change it. I told them when I called I advised the lady I did not have the money she said they couldn't do anything about it and that the rest of the amount will be taken out also..what can I do about this??

I have seen several complaints about this company, seems like they are saying the same thing to everyone that they have judgements on them had I known what I know now I wouldn't have given them any info I only gave it to them because they said they would have it processed for a judgement and it can be taken off my husbands credit report if paid come to find out its not even on my husbands credit report.

Melissa
visalia, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2007 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Credit-Services/Palantine-Illinois-60067/Financial-Credit-Services-unauthorized-payments-Palantine-Illinois-269719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Credit Services