Complaint Review: Financial Crime division

• Updated: Thu, September 03, 2009

• Reported By: Marie — Fort worth Texas USA
Financial Crime division
street Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Financial Crime division I have been receiving harrassing calls from a John parker at 9042393959 stating i owed $678 he will not tell me what i owed the $ for.he just want to let me know he will send someone to come arrest me I dont have any info about this company except that i am getting harrassing phone calls. This Person John Parker Just got me fired from my job today that I've been in for 8years. Jacksonville, Florida

* : It's a scam.

this man by the name of John parker with a heavy accent has been harrassign me for the pass couple of days also harrassign another with a similar name as mine claiming that he was a police office from the FCD in Jacksonville Florida. I finnaly had a cahnce to talk to him he was not able to tell me what company he was representing and what did i owe for .. he can only tell me that I owed him $678.00 and I need to pay him today or he will have someone come to my home to arrest me.  because of this harrasement from John I was let go from my Jobs , because he was harrasing my boss as well by calling and leaving messages on his voicemail for me. This crazy and outrageous. now i am out of job with 2 kids to take off  for something I dont even know about. I ask this John person to mail the information to me he refuses to do so and  when I told him he called me from a company phone and all calls are recorded for quality assurance puporses he hung up the phone on me twice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2009 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Crime-division/Jacksonville-Florida-/Financial-Crime-division-I-have-been-receiving-harrassing-calls-from-a-John-parker-at-9042-489451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Crime division

#1

It's a scam.

AUTHOR: Andromeda - (USA)

Type the phone number into google, 904-239-3959, and you will get websites like 800notes, and whocallsme?  Other people are getting the same threatening phone calls from that number.   In most cases there isn't a legitimate debt and they use tactics that are against the law to try to get money from people.  They claim they are from the fbi, and the police when they aren't.  They threaten you with court and incarceration.  They will say anything to scare you into sending them money.  The companies they call from are not real companies.  These people are like any typical scammers.  That is why they violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act by making false claims, harassing people, and making threats.  That is also why they won't send you any information about the so-called debt you owe.

Maybe if you show your boss this is a scam you can get your job back.  This isn't your fault.  You should go to the fbi website and file a complaint against John Parker, though it is pobably not his real name, and the phone number is from a prepaid cell.

I'm sorry this happened to you, and I hope you can get your job back.