Complaint Review: Financial Educational Services

• Updated: Tue, May 20, 2014

• Reported By: The "D" — Modesto California United States of America
Financial Educational Services
14001 63rd Way Suite 200 Clearwater, Florida United States of America

Financial Educational Services SCAM--told me 3 reporting credit bureaus said pay on time I should get a break in interest--LIARS Clearwater, Florida

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Financial Education Service

*Consumer Comment: This is NOT a Report on FES - Financial Education Services out of Farmington Hills, MI

*UPDATE Employee: My experience with FES was GREAT

*Consumer Comment: Basically the same thing

I am at work when these company called and told me that the 3 main credit reporting bureaus have notified them that I pay my credit bills so timely they wanted to give me a break on the interest rate.  I fell for this.  I feel so stupid.  I should have known after they transferred from one to another to another to another and then when they told me the fee wa $949 I said I was not interested, all the while they kept telling me this was on being recorded so there would be no problems.  When I declined again they gave me to their legal dept. Bruce Levy.  What a joke.  I said I am just not interested, it is too good to be true.  Well, he said, you understood all we said.  Yes, I said and I am not interested.  Well, he said, what are your questions?  I said I have none. Not interested.  He called me back two times after I hung up (at work) and he called me again this morning the 15th of September.  I have lost all faith in banks, debt collection places that want to help, EVERYONE.  You are the most empty people I have ever met.  I hope you all rot in hell, because that is where you are ALL going.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2010 11:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Financial-Educational-Services/Clearwater-Florida-33760/Financial-Educational-Services-SCAM-told-me-3-reporting-credit-bureaus-said-pay-on-time-641055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Financial Educational Services

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Financial Education Service

AUTHOR: lillyo - (USA)

The company does not charge $949.  The cost is $499 for credit restoration.  The information found in this is totally false.  You can visit the company web site and see exactly what they offer. They are very transparent.  Maybe you were contacted by a scammer who used the company name.  I have been with them since 2009.

AUTHOR: mbustamonte - ()

The company that is listed as the SCAMMER in this report is a company out of Clearwater Florida called Financial Education Services INC.

There is also a company that is called Financial Education Services (no INC) out of Farmington Hills MI. These 2 companies are not related nor do they offer the same services.

Financial Education Services (Farmington Hills, MI) is a credit education/restoration company ONLY and does not engage in debt reduction or interest rate reduction.

The reason that I want to clarify this and help visitors understand the difference is because when you search Google with search term, Financial Education Services or Financial Education Services Reviews, the Rip Off Report for Financial Education Services Inc. comes up number 1 on Google.

So bottom line if you’re for Financial Education Services, the credit repair company located in Farmington Hills MI then this review is NOT about them and furthermore the company Financial Education Services is an 11 year old company with an A+ rating with the BBB.

My experience with FES was GREAT

AUTHOR: Special K - ()

FES stated they have an Outstanding Deletion Rate. That was true!  They were able to delete 16 Derogatory Items off my credit history causing my score to Jump 138 Points. Since then I  purchased a home because of my CREDIT. Thank You FES for your help with putting my family and I on the right track.

All I paid was $499 when I would have paid an Individual $1500

Don't Beleive Everything You hear!

Basically the same thing

AUTHOR: Dan - (United States of America)

Just got a call from a lady named Lori Kellams who said she worked for Financial Educational Services. Phone number: 800.282.1649 Said that they were an educational company dedicated to saving me money by working with my credit card suppliers in lowering my interest rate and saving me at least $8000 per year in credit card interest.

To make a long story short, when I told her, after answering a number of questions (thankfully none that would give her much in the way of information not readily available), that I wanted to think about her offer before starting to give them personal financial information she was requesting, she abruptly and huffily said thank you very much and slammed the phone down.

I would avoid these guys like the proverbial plague.