Complaint Review: Finest Movers, Inc

• Reported By: Brent — Grover Beach California United States of America
Finest Movers, Inc
Internet, Florida United States of America

Finest Movers, Inc Rip Off & Liars All Rolled into One Internet, Florida

Everything with this company has been a fight.  It started with my quote from Collin who underquoted auto transportation and then would not honor it.

It followed with a promise to not charge for stairs/long carry and then sure as you would know it they tried to over charge for these items.

The guys showed up to load my stuff and I will admit they did a fine job and worked hard.  However somewhere in the moving process our Playstation 3 went missing and our crib amongst other things arrived broken.  You could tell that the boxes had been roughly handled multiple times.

The biggest complaint however was their ripping me off on the actual cubic footage.  My original quote was for 903 CF (only an estimate); when the packers arrived they told me the truck they were using had a attic space of 352 CF and that each brace inside the truck represented 172CF.  Based upon these quoted volumes my end volume was 1725 CF.  Unfortunately I trusted them and did not verify for myself.

I followed up the same night explaining that this volume was incorrect and provided my own estimates.  After a series of unpleasant phone calls with Cliff the GM I finally got him to send me an email that they would refund the difference if any.

Long story short I have photographic evidence of tape measurements and internal trucking markings for volume showing a load of 1000CF.  It has now been 4 weeks and I can not get a return phone call or email.  That my friends is over a 2K ripoff  on a 7K bill.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Finest-Movers-Inc/Internet-Florida-/Finest-Movers-Inc-Rip-Off-Liars-All-Rolled-into-One-Internet-Florida-946000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Finest Movers, Inc