Complaint Review: Fingerhut

Fingerhut
Ocala, Florida USA

Fingerhut Absolutely rude

*Consumer Comment: My horrible experience

This company has more than one issue and they have finally just drawn the line. I have never written a report on any company but this company is by far the meantest, rudest company I have ever dealt with.

First issue was the product itself, It was near Christmas time and I didn't have enough money for any toys for my three children. My sister told me she heard about this internet company called fingerhut and told me they help people with financing. I found a few toys I thought my kids would like, an air hockey table, a toy robot and a some NFL throw blankets(these are actually quite nice). I ordered them and their website said if I ordered by three O'Clock in would arrive on Christmas Eve or before. Immediately after I paid my first small payment I received an email stating the blankets were on bac order and would not arrive on time...but at least they will get the toys I thought. I received the table and robot two days before Christmas Eve and assembled them. My children still beleive in Santa and we have a tradition to leave the toys unwrapped under or by the tree and they know they are from Santa. I always get rid of any evidence like boxes and such because my oldest is starting to question. Christmas day arrives and the kids love the air hockey table. We plug it into the wall and the fan is extremely loud, it lasts for about 3-5 minutes and starts to smoke...we turned it off and let it cool down, the next time we plugged it in the fan would no longer turn on. I caled fingerhut about the issue and they told me I need to have the original box or they wouldnt do anything about the warranty...I spent hours on the phone trying to explain why we didnt hae the orginal box but they would not hear it and suggested I bought a new fan. This made me fairly upset but I continued making payments as normal.

Second issue is do not make the mistake of not making your payments if you can help it. My job laid me off not too long ago and I still have not found work. I'm behind a little over 60 days on my finerhut payments as well as a lot of other bills. It happens to almost everybody at some point in their lives. I already feel bad about not being able to pay. However at this point I could care less if I ever pay them and let me explain why. I called fingerhut to explain my situation letting them know my wife is a full time nursing student and I am currently unemployed with no unemployment because I was a 1099 employee. This was before I was ever behind and they told me they can not help me and will have to make collection attempts if I fall behind. I told them I undersand they run a business and I will try to get back on track as soon as possible. A few days later I fell 15 days past due and oh my....the collection calls came, not once, not twice, but a minimum of three times a day at all hours of the day. I get calls at 7 a.m. I get call at 9:30. And not do I just get calls but I get the rudest, meanest, mst unprofessional calls I have ever heard in my life. These people told me to stop making excuses and pay my debts. I tried to explain that I do not have anybody I can borrow money from and my wife and I will both be back to normal wages come August. They will not except that for an answer and told me I need to own up to my responsabilities. They asked me to borrow money from a stranger and literally told me to be a man. I have reviewed the laws of collection attempts, once a company has spoken to you and completed their attempt they are not allowed another attempt for seven days. I understand companies need to do a job but they need to do it respectfully. I am not sure what can be done but I'd rather pay an attorney than pay fingerhut at this point. Jut beware you are dealing with a trashy company with no respect at all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2013 06:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/Ocala-Florida-34472/Fingerhut-Absolutely-rude-1067976. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut

My horrible experience

AUTHOR: alucas831 - ()

I got two items from finger hut and the total of my purchases was 227 dollars and i put a 30 dollar down payment down which brought my balance down to 197.96 and so i paid 27.32 for jan,, feb, and march and in april i missed a payment by accident and since then i had not paid until i got my refund from school and iw as going to pay it all off. well since april i have gotten about 10 calls a day and they are automatic dialing system and dont leave a message to make sure they are not caught in doing so. well on 07/17 i answered my phone from finger hut and i was going to pay 30 dollars and the rep told me if i paid 82 he would take off all fees and my left over balance would be 73 dollars. he also told me that would bring my account current and i wouldnt be in collections anymore. well if you take all my payments and subtract the balance with no fees my balance would be 34 remaining and i called saturday 07-19 and the rep told me i owed 106 dollars and i was still 38 dollars past due and the amounts didnt add up and i explained to her about my conversation from 07/17 and she told me no the rep didn't take any fees off and nothing would be removed until i paid my balance. she asked me if i knew how to read and wanted to know if i thought they were responbile for my balance and so on well i asked for a supervisor and when he got on the phone i started the conversation off saying i was upset and he immediately started the conversation off saying lets not LIE and you are a liar and i dont want to get even more mad while talking to you. he said he was listening to the call and i was a complete LIAR. i was so shocked because i work for a bank and i take supervisor calls and I know that is not customer service. i asked him if he was listening to the call he could listen to last weeks conversation and he immediately hung up on me. they are triple charging me and violating tcpa and i need help.

I do not know but i do know if they are violating tcpa then i can collect between 500 to 1500 a call and they called me over all for 4 months and i get calls from 8am to 9pmalmost every hour and sometimes twice a hour. I told them not to call me and i would pay the balance when i had it but they didn't listen. also i want everyone and anyone to help me take action with this company because i have heard and read about them and they are scammers. they boost their prices up triple what a normal store would charge so if a customer didnt want to pay fees the company is still making tons of money because of the amount they charge. please someone help me with this case.

Sent from my iPhone