Complaint Review: FINGERHUT

• Reported By: Donald — Caldwell Idaho
FINGERHUT
6250 Ridgewood Road Saint Cloud, Minnesota USA

FINGERHUT Improper Catalog Wording Saint Cloud Minnesota

My wife, phoned Fingerhut because the catalog stated that she had $600.00 of approved credit. It also states at the bottom right hand corner of the catalogue "Order Now! This Could Be Your LAST CATALOG!"

She explained that we were interested in purchasing the "Nutribullet," as shown on page 1 of the catalog. It is shown in the "As seen on TV" section. Our intention was to purchase and we could afford the shown monthly payments that were shown at $13.99 per month.

In her conversation with the Fingerhut representative she was informed that the price per month would go up, due to tax, shipping and a high interest rate of 24.9%. I then spoke to the representative, who did not give her name to me.

I asked why they were showing one monthly price without showing the additional cost, and she stated that it was "how we word it." The fine print stated that "The advertised price per month includes interest and assumes you have a Fingerhut Credit Account." I explained this to the representative that I spoke to and she simply parroted back the same thing she had previously stated, which did not answer my questions.

In closing I asked again for the details. I stated "You need to be careful of what you tell me, as my next call could be to the state Attorney General's office." Apparently she didn't understand or felt that our attorney general isn't quite what her state's is.

Fingerhut needs to word their catalog in such a way that:

A) All amounts are spelled out. This means:

1) Product Costs W, Taxes are X, Shipping is Y and Total Cost is Z.

2) After that they should let you the approximate interest, in dollars per month, at both percentages.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2013 03:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FINGERHUT/Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/FINGERHUT-Improper-Catalog-Wording-Saint-Cloud-Minnesota-1079914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FINGERHUT