Complaint Review: Fingerhut

• Updated: Fri, November 01, 2013

• Reported By: Andrea T — Ayer Massachusetts
Fingerhut
6250 Ridgewood Rd St. Cloud, Minnesota USA

Fingerhut Customer service department is set on "auto pilot" to send canned answers to your problem, St. Cloud Minnesota

I opened a new charge at Fingerhut and my first purchase was a toaster oven for $119.00. UPS never rang my doorbell and when I found it on my doorstep the box was damaged and the oven had a large dent in the top. I Emailed customer service and asked about my returning it as, I didn't feel I should have to drive to buy a new box to send it back. I receved a canned response that said, "Print out a return label and mail the item back." I again wrote back and asked what about the damaged box was I expected tp pay $6 or $7 for a new box when it wsn't my fault? Again, I received a canned response that said, "We do not supply boxes for return shipping. Please print out a label and return."

I am a senior citizen and am disabled. Do I have to drive 7 miles to buy a box to return this item. I'm angry, had I received an Email that said, "Dear Andrea" and empathized with my problem I woudn't be so angry. But, I didn't feel like anyone heard or cared about my issue. A smart customer service agent would have defused my anger by reducing my bill for at least $5.00. I am leaving this response on every complaint website I am able to and may even contact the attorney general in Fingerhut's state.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/01/2013 06:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fingerhut/St-Cloud-Minnesota-56303/Fingerhut-Customer-service-department-is-set-on-auto-pilot-to-send-canned-answers-to-yo-1096190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fingerhut