surely

Firestone Complete Auto Care, Naples FL
5495 Airport Pulling Rd N Naples, Florida USA

Firestone Complete Auto Care, Naples FL Another Auto-Scam Shop Naples Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Firestone Complete Auto Care Corporate Offices

*General Comment: And there is Firestones problem.

After losing some brake performance on my 13 years old car, bought a year ago I decided to bring it to Firestone Complete Auto Care and take advantage of their $99 offer for standard brake service (new pads and resurface rotors). Although I can do this myself, ~$100 is about the right price considering parts and my own time. Left it there with Larry who gave me a call few hours later and told me that the car needs all new brakes that would cost me total of $1063. Specifically mentioned that there is a leak in the rear.

Told him that the car is not worth more than $3000 and I can't afford this amount and he immediately offered me application for a new credit card because (according to him) the car can not be driven and needs towing. Went back there, looked the recommended services and immediately noticed that the part prices were 2 to 5 times more expensive than same or similar parts at Advance Parts (not considering regular coupons for 15-50% off). Took the car back home, opened the hood- brake fluid level is at MAX, removed the wheels and Surprise!- front pads almost new (did about 8000 this past year), rotors in excellent condition, same in the rear with the drums and the shoes.

Most likely the car was serviced before I bought it. This of course did not help with my braking performance so I decided to do the cheapest possible service- bleeding the brakes. 1L of DOT3 fluid is about $7 and that's all you need. Took me 30 min and Voila!- brakes back at their normal stopping power. So to sum up: stay away from Firestone Complete Scam Care, Naples FL and Larry The Credit Card Guy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2013 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Naples-FL/Naples-Florida-34109-2057/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Naples-FL-Another-Auto-Scam-Shop-Naples-Florida-1073011. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care, Naples FL

Firestone Complete Auto Care Corporate Offices

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

My name is Tom and I am with the Firestone Corporate Office. I have read your review and want to apologize that your experience was anything but perfect. There are many reasons a part may be higher priced at our store then can be found on the internet or parts wholesaler. The increase in price can come from our nationwide warranty on parts valid at any of our 2,200 stores, extended part warranty often above that of outside parts, or due to the high quality O.E.M or comparable parts used. We also offer a Price-Match Guarantee at all of our Tires Plus locations. If you find a comparable service at a full-service repair shop in your area at a less expensive price we will match it. If you feel that the price you were given was not accurate for the service and would like me to investigate, please feel free to email me at social@bfrc.com.

#2 General Comment

And there is Firestones problem.

AUTHOR: MartyM - ()

Besides being crooks, they also think everyone is stupid.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC