Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care Rockwall

• Updated: Thu, December 13, 2012

• Reported By: Robert — Rockwall Texas United States of America
Firestone Complete Auto Care Rockwall
760 E Interstate 30 Rockwall, Texas United States of America

Firestone Complete Auto Care Rockwall Manager Alvin Incomplete Auto Care & New Tire Damages Rockwall, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Firestone Corporate

BEWARE. Firestone Complete Auto Care Rockwall has multiple problems. It starts at the very top management there and filters down to create a poorly managed mechanical processes, including incompetent and/ or poorly trained mechanics, incomplete inspection, failure to honor warranty and rude, stubborn, unprofessional manager per my experience. They may be good tire sellers and tire mounting people but it goes down hill from there.

DETAILS: After recently moving to Rockwall area, I bought and had installed 4 new tires for my 745 BMW at this place. After some time, I noticed some vibration in steering wheel. My new regular mechanic at another shop nearby inspected my suspension and the tires and said the problem is in the tires. I took it back to Firestone and they said it was just a balance which they did and sent me on.  The vibration continued so I took it back, requested and paid for their Complete Vehicle Inspection with focus on suspension that could cause vibration in steering wheel and check for tire default.

Again, they said it was only a balance problem and sent me on again. The vibration problem still continued so I took it to another mechanic I had used for 25 years who I had very good and competent service with.  They found and repaired the front lower control arm bushings which needed repair but said this would not cause the steering wheel vibration like it still did, even after this repair. They checked the tires on and off the car and showed me the out of round tires and said to take it back to Firestone and they should replace the tires.

I did and they again said it was a balance problem, re-balanced the tires and sent me on yet again. I returned immediately after test driving it myself as the steering wheel vibration continued. They said it was now a ball joint problem, not a tire problem. Earlier on they said the tires were cupped but now said they were feathered. The other two shops I had check the ball joints said there was no problem with them. They agreed to replace the two front tires but charged me half price even though they were only about 20% used and charged for mounting.    The manager got involved and was so defensive, got in my face and ugly about it, especially after I had him talk to my other mechanic.

He refused to admit his mistake, blamed it on me and charged me more than pro-rata to replace the two front tires. He became very belligerent and unprofessional. I have never had such a bad experience in my 50 years of car ownership. They are probably good at selling, mounting, balancing and repairing tires but I would be wary of finding and repairing any detail problem at this place. I dont think this shop and their mechanics are managed and/or trained properly at this place and the manager who is supposed to help solve problems is reluctant to do so. I can not recommend Firestone in Rockwall for any auto work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2012 01:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Rockwall/Rockwall-Texas-75087/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Rockwall-Manager-Alvin-Incomplete-Auto-Care-New-Tire-Damage-980605. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care Rockwall

Firestone Corporate

AUTHOR: consumer voice - (USA)

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Firestone Corporate Offices. I have read through your report and would like to apologize for the unsatisfactory service your recieved at our Rockwall location. I was wondering if you could email me at social@bfrc.com with an invoice number from your tire purchase, or the phone number on your account. I would like to investigate this further and get management involved to help.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Tom