Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care

• Updated: Sun, October 13, 2013

• Reported By: swillia — Canal Winchester Ohio
Firestone Complete Auto Care
6574 Winchester Blvd Canal Winchester, Ohio USA

Firestone Complete Auto Care Charged for an alignment I did not need Canal Winchester Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Corporate Offices

On September 7, 2013, I took my car to a Firestone store for an alignment. After the service was supposedly completed, I paid for the service and went on my way. As I drove home I noticed that nothing felt different, and after further inspection of the paperwork that had been given to me, I noticed that the ‘before’ and ‘after’ alignments had little to no difference between the two (steering wheel might have been straightened by .01 degree).

I was upset and took my car to another Firestone store to find out more about what had been done to fix my alignment. As I had suspected, nothing had been done. My alignment is off by a few degrees, but it is within factory specifications, so nothing could be done without more parts and more money.

I do not understand why I was charged $96 for something that is typically done for free! I went in for an alignment, and if I did not need an alignment, then I should not have been charged for one! Furthermore, the ‘courtesy check’ that had supposedly been completed on my vehicle had actually not been completed at all. Numbers were written down, and boxes were checked, but not because my car had been inspected. If the worker had truly checked my car, he would have noticed that I had a leak in one of my tires, and by doing that would have fixed the issue and received payment that was rightly due.

It is hard to believe that a company that I have trusted with my car for so long has ripped me off. I am appalled by this type of treatment. I am a recent college graduate with student loans to pay back. I cannot afford to pay such a large amount for something that I did not need. I would like my $96.40 refunded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2013 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care/Canal-Winchester-Ohio-43110/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Charged-for-an-alignment-I-did-not-need-Canal-Winchester-Ohi-1091610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care

Response from Corporate Offices

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Firestone Complete Auto Care Corporate Offices. I have read through your review regarding your recent alignment services and would like to apologize the our service did not correct your initial issue. All of our corporate owned location offer a fixed-right guarantee that means if it's not fixed-right the first time we will fix it for free. Since you attempted to have the vehicle re-worked and the issue is still there, I would like to get district management involved for help. Please message me at social@bfrc.com with the invoice number from your service and the location that you visited so that I can verify it is a corporate owned location. If you do not have the invoice number, the phone number used on your account will be needed to verify your invoice. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,