Complaint Review: Firestone complete auto care

Firestone complete auto care
1960 Irving Park Rd Hanover Park, Illinois USA

Firestone complete auto care Broke my brothers car Hanover Park Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Corporate Response

My brother took his car in for a wheel aligment. Which he purchased a lifetime plan for. When going to pick up his car he saw the guy driving his car like he was on a race track. My brother noticed that power steering fluid was all over the ground when the guy brought the car back. He took pictures of it and told the manager. The manager said they are closed and to come back tomorrow. While driving home he noticed the car driving weird. He could not go past the second gear. He noticed that there was a hole in the transmission which it wasnt there before putting it in the shop. Next day he went back and told the manager. We made a claim with corporate and waited almost 2 weeks for an inspector to come out. Only to find out that they blamed it on us. How could you do that when the car was fine before entering the shop? All over the internet there is reviews about people being in the same shoes as we are in. I will not accept this. The car should have stayed in the condition it came in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2013 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-complete-auto-care/Hanover-Park-Illinois-60103/Firestone-complete-auto-care-Broke-my-brothers-car-Hanover-Park-Illinois-1108569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone complete auto care

Corporate Response

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Firestone Complete Auto Care Corporate Offices. I realize we may have spoken multiple times via Facebook, email, and directly with the assigned claims advisor at this point. However, after reviewing the file I see that an independent inspector was sent to determine liability on the damages. The third-party inspection company verified the transmission issues you claim to be caused by our services were in fact, not.

However, as goodwill since we could not confirm when the steering issues occurred management made an agreement with the claimant in regards to the other rack and pinion/steering repairs needed. If you need any assistance reaching management regarding the accepted resolution, please feel free to message me at social@bfrc.com.