Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care

• Updated: Sun, August 25, 2013

• Reported By: Larry — Houston Texas
Firestone Complete Auto Care
8920 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N Houston, Texas USA

Firestone Complete Auto Care Rip off report for store #356481 - near West Rd Houston Texas

I decide to try this Firestone location since it open really close to where I live.  Big mistake.  I drive in and tell the "sales" person that I have a slow leak in my tire and I believe it to be a valve stem.

Twenty minutes later I am called over by the person behind the counter and he tells me that the tire cannot be repaired. Okay this is not unheard of so I agree to a new tire.  I know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with the other tires as I have inspected them before this visit and there is only 25k miles on them so I just get the one tire.

Another twenty minutes go by and I am called over again and told, "actually all four of your tires are bad and you also need an alignment."  I tell the guy that he's crazy and to hurry with putting the one tire on my vehicle.  After another 10 minutes or so the manager comes over and tries to explain about possible blowouts and how it's very dangerous to drive this vehicle.  I tell him something like all services beyond the one tire better be free so they finally leave me be.

Well as if that wasn't bad enough, when I leave I'm given the invoice of what these idiots were trying to sell me.  $1200 worth of crap.  Some of which was redundant.  And alignment and a lifetime alignement.  $50 for wiperblades.  Complete fluid flush of all fluids on a vehicle that is under warranty and again only has 25k miles on it.  Also there as some $500 service for tires that they just told me were bad.

That is why I'm writing this review.  Stay away from them and let them shut down.  I'm actually second guessing whether they ripped me on on the one tire, but if I didn't know better I could have easily dropped $1200 for what was supposed to be a tire repair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2013 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care/Houston-Texas-77064/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Rip-off-report-for-store-356481-near-West-Rd-Houston-Texa-1078924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care