Complaint Review: Firestone Complete Auto Care

• Reported By: maxstudio — Florida
Firestone Complete Auto Care
tampa, Florida USA

Firestone Complete Auto Care Damaged Engine tampa Florida

*Author of original report: latest outrageous claim by Firestone

*UPDATE Employee: Corporate Response

I took my 95 Geo onto Firestone for a timing belt, they removed the harmonic balancer and told me the key was bent that aligned the balancer I was told this key could not be removed and therefore the cover over timing belt could not be removed. They put balancer back on car and sent me on my way. Two months later the balancer fell off the car, they had not replaced the bolt it crankshaft that holds the balancer onto crankshaft. It had been running loose on crankshaft with only the serpentine belt to keep it aligned.

After driving for months it wore out the center of the balancer to a point the belt could not keep it aligned and it rode clean off the end of the crankshaft. Permanent damage done to boh the balancer and crankshaft. I drove the car back to Firestone and told them you failed to correctly reinstall it, you fix it. They then took a die grinder toy crankshaft, cutting away at it and told me they needed time with it. [continued below]....

..... Amonth went by with no progress. I took the mater to their Tampa district office who said "well what do you want us to do about it? "

I want you to take care of the customer! . I waited anothermonth before confronting district again, who told me they are not responsible!  Their claims dept. Report found the damage was caused by improperly installed balancer. Absolutely i told them. Bit they claim , even thou they installed it, they still say they are not responsible. Firestone needs to learn to take responsibility and treat their customer their customers right. I will not give up until they fix the damage they caused by properly installing the balancer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care/tampa-Florida-33578/Firestone-Complete-Auto-Care-Damaged-Engine-tampa-Florida-1098900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Complete Auto Care

latest outrageous claim by Firestone

AUTHOR: maxstudio - ()

After being contacted by Firestone's claims department again, their official finding is "Damage caused by Substandard repair, vehicle operated without retaining bolt" . They now deny claim stating the vehicle was not serviced at Firestone. Even thou I have receipts from all services performed at Firestone, including when they serviced the balancer. It's outrageous to think there are companies out there that would go to such lengths to try and get out of their responsibilities to it's customers. I am not going to roll over! I will peruse this until they step up and fix my car!

Corporate Response

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Firestone Complete Auto Care Corporate Office. I have read through your concern and would like to see if I can assist in answering any additional questions you may have. According to your message this has already been reviewed by our claims department. If you could please message me at social@bfrc.com with the case number given to you I can better assist you. Please include your post here in the message.

Best Regards,