Complaint Review: Firestone Tire

Firestone Tire
3500 S Carrollton Ave New Orleans, Louisiana USA

Firestone Tire Boched Repair causes $1000 of Damage New Orleans Louisiana

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Corporate

I have used Firestone for years for repair work and they have done a good job.  But not the last time.  I brought my car in to get a belt replace in advance of a long drive to relocate to California.  Firestone replaced the belt in question and I made the trip to CA only to have the entire lining around the wheel rip apart damaging my breaking system.  I took the car to a repair shop nearby and they discovered that when Firestone took the wheel compartment lining apart they did not put it back together.  They further discovered that the belt that they had replaced was still in the engine compartment loose and had lodged itself inside my engine fan.

I talked to the general manager in New Orleans and he offered to fix the job but unfortunately I am permanently located to San Diego.  He told me to talk to Firestone in San Diego, which I did, and they refused to address the problem.  $150 of repairs results in $1000 of damage.  I have not had the extra money to fix it yet so my breaks leak fluid and my car wheel compartment has no lining so my Camry sounds like a harley going down the street turning heads.  Firestone does not stand by their botched jobs on a national level.  Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2013 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone-Tire/New-Orleans-Louisiana-70118/Firestone-Tire-Boched-Repair-causes-1000-of-Damage-New-Orleans-Louisiana-1092290. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone Tire

Response from Corporate

AUTHOR: BSRO Social - ()

Hello,

My name is Tom and I am with the Firestone Complete Auto Care Corporate Offices. After reading through your concerns with the belt service performed I would like to apologize for any installation errors. Our warranty is valid nationwide at any of our corporate owned stores and therefore the repairs at the second location should have been free of charge. I would like to see if I can help by getting our corporate claims department involved for help. Please message me at social@bfrc.com with the invoice number from your belt service or the phone number on your account so that a formal case can be sent. I look forward to your message.

Best Regards,