Complaint Review: firestone tyres

• Reported By: Rick — Ocean View Hawaii United States of America
firestone tyres

firestone tyres Tyre warranty Internet, Internet

Ref., Firestone Tires in particular  Destination size 265/75/16

I had a set of four fitted at 17,000 miles by the Firestone Company depot in Kona Hawaii.

(all that follows are just facts as is with this situation )

They were fitted to my Nov 2008 Nissan Frontier  'Nismo' 4x4, four door pick up.

This vehicle is regularly and on scheduel, serviced by Nissan Kona with normal tire rotation etc to their Nissan stated  service  standards.

These tires are just about at their end of wear with very little to go before the 'end of life' bars will be totally flat with any of the other tread that is left.    ie. at the legal end of their useable life.

I have just under 36,000 mile on the clock now. !

Yes, only 19,000 miles  from this set of tires.

I took the vehicle into the Firestone depot and asked them what would be the cost of a new set plus why had I only got approx 19,000 from these tires.

I had the receipt and details of the tires with me from when they were fitted. They looked me up in their recoreds and were stisfied that the tires, vehicle  and I were who I said we were.

They questioned me on the use of the vehicle ... how much off road had I done ...  what loads did I carry ...  type of driving I did etc.

My replies and my use of these tires were    ... virtually none off road use .... loads are hardly any and virtually insignificant for what the vehicle is designed for...  my driving is normal and standard for easy use of the vehicle ..  ( I also have two other vehicles which exhibit natural and basically normal longevity with their tyires )

So the facts are there, above.

I was told by the Firestone representative who  served me and looked at the vehicle ..  that the warrenty which was quoted on the invoice for these tires at 60,000 ....  really did not mean that and I should read the warrenty.

I commented that generally I understood that it meant that there would be some compensation towards the purchase of a similar set of tires ... but was told sorry ... not so !!

End of story  ... any comment please      ...   Rick

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2012 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/firestone-tyres/internet/firestone-tyres-Tyre-warranty-Internet-Internet-873367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on firestone tyres