Complaint Review: Firestone

• Updated: Fri, December 06, 2013

• Reported By: Mike — Des Moines Iowa
4107 Merle Hay Road Des Moines, Indiana USA

Firestone Price Gouging Incompetent and I am disgusted Des Moines Iowa

This is an email I sent to Firestone's Customer relations. I doubt anything will happen or be done.

I Am completely ticked off with Firestone’s 150 plus percent markup on parts, along with saying one thing on the phone, and then another at the store once I arrived.

Asking for them to be thorough with an inspection and then missing EVERYTHING that was important. How can you miss that antifreeze smell when you pop the hood? ( I even mentioned it as a reminder ) Nothing noted on receipt ..

I mentioned my 4wd acting up,  the person who supposedly checked it, had not, walked over to another tech and without looking, the other tech said what he thought .. useless information without looking himself..Nothing noted on receipt..

Several other issues that anyone who inspects a car would notice, nothing whatsoever on the quote.

I asked for a quote on tires. [continued below]....

..... I don’t care if what I had was acceptable in their eyes, I wanted a quote. Did not receive one.( 8/32 and 9/32 really isn’t that acceptable )

However, it was mentioned I had 2 oil cooler lines ( not transmission oil ) that needed replaced. On the receipt and quote they first get the wrong parts, marked up from 150 to as much as 900 percent, then they also add parts that have nothing to do with the oil cooling lines.

Took the truck to a neighborhood mechanic shop, asked for an inspection. Do you know what I received?  I bet you do.. SERVICE!

Without saying a word about any of the things I thought may be issues, they told me what they found. ( I was impressed they hit everything I had concerns about )

They quoted me a price that was expected at a 33% markup of cost from Napa/Advance/Auto Zone, ect. The labor was fair.

Total Bill off quote from Firestone 899.XX

Total Bill from ASE neighborhood Mechanic ( with other parts that were needed elsewhere that Firestone just could not inspect or missed ) 429.00

I now have an appointment set for Monday to have all my concerns taken care of. (Other than my tires which I really wanted to buy at Firestone )

Do you see an issue? I certainly do.

How can you guys justify running a business this way? Service sells, what I received was not service. Good service along with a fair markup brings good word of mouth. Incompetence cannot be excused. I Do not expect you to care about what I am telling you after reading what others have to say about bad experiences, but gouging customers is not good business. Not addressing the customer’s needs and concerns..not good business.

I have patronized Firestone for a long while, and I really cannot at this point say I would ever return or recommend them to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2013 12:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Firestone/Des-Moines-Indiana-50310/Firestone-Price-Gouging-Incompetent-and-I-am-disgusted-Des-Moines-Iowa-1104801. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Firestone