Complaint Review: First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

• Updated: Sat, June 05, 2010

• Reported By: Scott — League City Texas United States of America
First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation
7833 Haskell Avenue Van Nuys, California United States of America

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Company incorrectly accused me of installing a component to my HVAC unit to avoid having to pay the claim. Van Nuys, California

The first contractor that First American sent to my 2 year old home, which I bought 9 months ago, lied and documented that the my HVAC units were incorrectly installed and that they did not have the liquid line driers installed.  The result was that First American denied the claim.  I called the installer, who came over and pointed out the driers and that they were properly installed.  I asked First American for a second opinion and their second contractor documented that the driers were in fact installed and that they looked new (they are in the attic and are only two years old).  First Amercian then told me that the driers were not on the system for the first contractor visit, but they were there for the second contractor visit 5 days later.

This implies that I modified my system to get First Amercian to pay the claim.  The first contractor quoted me $800 to install the driers (that were already there).  The second contractor quoted me $300 to replace the TXV vlave...which is actual broken part.  The math that follows from First American's implication does not show any benefit for me.   I had several discussions with First American that showed their incompetance, unwillingness to help, inability to be human and general disrepect of their customers.   I spent hours waiting on the phone for SOMEONE just to pick up and help.  ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERCVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN!    Meanwhile.....my children sleep in south Houston, in 90 weather, 80% + humidity......   After 28 years in the military, I have NEVER BEEN TREATED SO POORLY in my entire life!

DO NOT USE FIRST AMERICAN HOME PROTECTION...THEY ARE USELESS AND ARE NOT STRUCUTURED TO HELP YOU WHEN YOU NEED THEM!  I am looking to commence either and individual or class action lawsuit against First American.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2010 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation/Van-Nuys-California-91406/First-American-Home-Buyers-Protection-Corporation-Company-incorrectly-accused-me-of-inst-610634. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation

responses