Complaint Review: First American Payment Systems

• Updated: Thu, February 13, 2014

• Reported By: KelA — Toledo Ohio
First American Payment Systems
100 Throckmorton St Ste 1800 Fort Worth, Texas USA

First American Payment Systems 2 Claims on Credit Report for Equipment that was returned to sales rep Toledo Ohio

In 2008 my Husband decided to begin using a Credit Card Processing Machine in our small business.  Then, a sales rep for another machine came in and upsold him on this better, faster machine with NO CONTRACTS - month by month, sale by sale processing and if we decided to no longer need the machine, we call her and she comes and picks it up- no strings attached. Well, we closed our small business in 2011 - after a good run, called up the Rep, she came and picked up the device.  Unfortunately, the NO STRINGS ATTACHED is a crock that she sold us to get the equipment in the building.  So, now it is 2013, we are going for a Home Equity Loan and find out that - completely unbeknownst to us, there is not 1 BUT 2 Negatives on Hubby's credit report for First American Payment Systems, one for $700 and one for $2800.  They were both filed in 2010 and we have received ZERO paperwork supporting these balances due. No phone calls, nothing.  This is ridiculous.  Now the Rep is no longer at any of her contact numbers/email address and I do not even have any account numbers because EVERYTHING was handled through her.  I am not a happy camper and want these charges removed off of his credit report and there is NO WAY I am paying these amounts to this company that took fees on EVERY transaction that was used by our customers. This is absolutely ridicilous.  The more that I read, the more I find that this seems to be there M.O.  Hiding behind a rep and robbing small business owners.  Our business has been under for two years and I find it horrifying that this has just been sitting on his credit report all this time. Crooks!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-American-Payment-Systems/Fort-Worth-Texas-76102/First-American-Payment-Systems-2-Claims-on-Credit-Report-for-Equipment-that-was-returned-t-1122625. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First American Payment Systems