Complaint Review: First Bank Of Delaware - Tribute Mastercard (gold)

• Submitted: Thu, September 17, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, September 17, 2009

• Reported By: dinac30 — milford Massachusetts USA
First Bank Of Delaware - Tribute Mastercard (gold)
www.mytributecard.com Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

First Bank Of Delaware - Tribute Mastercard (gold) First Bank Of Delaware - Tribute Mastercard (GOLD) closed my account after paying FULL amounts due every month, never being late, and dishing out 150 to set up, plus they take 19 every month Atlanta, Georgia

I obtained a Tribute GOLD Mastercard credit card about 7 months ago. I had to pay them 150.00 to set it up, and then $19 every month as a "maintenance" fee. After paying on-time all these months, and always paying the "full" amt when due...never just the minimum pymt-- they have cancelled my account. When I called --no reason was given for why they take all your money and close you out when you did nothing wrong. Their reason for me (which wasn't one) for taking my money and then shutting me down.."they can...it's in their disclosure that at anytime and reason mgt can determine to close out anyone".

What's NOT in their disclosure is that doing everything right and them charging outrageous amts of money to even get and keep the card will amt in them closing it and them keeping all your money in a very short period of time. They advised that it was cancelled for no reason as I said. Just that mgt looked at accts, and decided to close a lot of them. I think they are being bought out, because they said if I don't pay by 10/24/09 then my account will be assigned another acct number. I don't know why that is. But my account was never late, never anything wrong. I pd them in full all the time. I just pd my last pymt. They just increased my credit limit to 30.00 dollars 4 weeks ago..so for them to just close it...is deceitful when they offer no reason for why and then they take almost 20 a month for you to keep it, plus I had to put 150.00 of my own money into it? How'd I make out in this process? They did.

And it seems I'm not the only one being taken advantage of. I feel a class action case coming on with them. They lie and steal your money. I am going to obtain a personal lawyer, I already reported them to the BBB and the FTC as well as the attorney gerneral's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2009 09:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Bank-Of-Delaware-Tribute-Mastercard-gold/Atlanta-Georgia-/First-Bank-Of-Delaware-Tribute-Mastercard-gold-First-Bank-Of-Delaware-Tribute-Maste-496266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Bank Of Delaware - Tribute Mastercard (gold)