Complaint Review: First Call Movers

• Updated: Thu, February 06, 2014

• Reported By: First Call Movers Take NO responsibility — Findlay Ohio
First Call Movers
2700 W Cypress Creek Road #A110 Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA

First Call Movers Reliable Low Cost Movers Bid lower than actual cost ( $700) more on moving day Company they hired ( Reliable Low Cost Movers stole custom end table Fort Lauderdale Florida

Where do I start? First Call Movers is a moving broker. FIRST MISTAKE! They bid me low then when the actual moving company came ( Reliable Low Cost Moving) they bid me an extra $700 ON MOVING DAY! If that wasn't bad enough, they lost a custom end table and when I put in a claim, it was denied....after waiting 4 months. THEY STOLE THE TABLE. When they came to unload, it was an unmarked truck with graffiti, no lie!

I remember asking over and over if the estimate was accurate and they kept assuring me it was. Amanda insisted that she was with the company for 2 years and never had a complaint and yet when I tried to find out where my shipment was, I could no longer email her and had to contact another, which was almost impossible as I had to leave so many messages!

They never took responsibility for the shipment once it left my home in Calif. They didn't even know where it was but said that my boxes would be placed in a storage facility near where I was moving. Not so! When I was ready for my things to be shipped to my new home, they couldn't  tell me where my things were. Nor could Reliable Low Cost Moving company. It took me weeks just to find out that all was STILL in California over a month later!

Never use these companies. I thought I did my homework when I first employed them but they managed to allow one custom end table to be stolen from Reliable Low Cost Movers without compensating me!

Only go with the company that not only gives you the estimate but moves you as well. Both of these companies are thieves!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2014 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Call-Movers/Fort-Lauderdale-Florida-33309/First-Call-Movers-Reliable-Low-Cost-Movers-Bid-lower-than-actual-cost-700-more-on-mov-1121432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Call Movers