Complaint Review: First Convenience Bank

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Philip — Duncanville Texas United States of America
First Convenience Bank
2305 North Central Dallas, Texas United States of America

First Convenience Bank, First National Bank Texas wants to RUIN my CREDIT from an UNUSED account Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: You did use the account

*Consumer Comment: Your responsibility

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Convenience-Bank/Dallas-Texas-/First-Convenience-Bank-First-National-Bank-Texas-wants-to-RUIN-my-CREDIT-from-an-UNUSED-a-849592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Convenience Bank

You did use the account

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

In your first sentence you stated you opened it to be able to receive Iraqi currency, that sure sounds like a use to me.  Or did you forget that like you "forgot" about the account.

You probably should be less worried about the fees, than having some very nice Government Officials paying you a visit.  Wondering why if you already have an account, did you open another account for the sole purpose to receive foreign currency, and then totally "forget" about the account.

Oh of course they are not going to guarantee the fees will be waived if you deposit $100.  Because there would be nothing keeping you from immediately withdrawing that $100 as soon as they waived them.

If they won't waive the fees and you want to save your credit then you are going to need to pay the fee.  If you don't it will probably have other unintended consequences.   This being you being placed in ChexSystems where if your current bank sees this they may close your account as well.

Your responsibility

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

"I opened an account with $1 with First National Bank Texas in order to receive Iraqi currency. Did not plan on using the account. I have a primary bank. Forgot about the account and now First National Bank Texas wants $90 in service fees for an account I have not used."

Are the highlighted enough evidence? If you forgot and tried to ask them to forgive you but they refuse, it is now their fault? Seriously? You need to understand the meaning of service. NOT ONLY IT MEANS you interact with them, but also include the maintenance of the account as well. The argument saying that it is just a digital record does not deny that the bank still has to maintain the data for you.

"Spoke to several people in customer relations. They are not willing to waive fees. Offered to deposit $100 in account if fees are waived. Could not gurantee waived fees. Since I am not willing to pay the service fees I did not use my account will be charged off and it will lower my credit score."

Now you are trying the bribe tactic? You have already admitted that you forgot, so what the $100 would be good for??? If you have closed the account, this issue would not be occurred. You are making a fool of yourself instead of report a rip off.

anticipation