Complaint Review: First Convenience Bank

601 Indian trail (inside H-E-B store) harker heights, Texas USA
  • Phone: 254-680-5600
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

First Convenience Bank - First National Bank Texas Bank admitted wrong doing and still charged me harker heights Texas

I recently opened my first bank account as I am new to the workforce and my job requires direct deposit. I opened an account with First Convenience Bank - First National Bank Texas and was explained all the details of my new checking account. I submitted the proper documents for a new account (I.D./S.S.N card) as well as my co-signer submitted his info, since I'm under 18.

I had the account for almost 4 weeks (only a little over $270.00 in my account) and used my debit card only twice for two small purchases. On my birthday I tried to buy myself something and my card was declined. After leaving the store with overwhelming embarrassment ( I just wanted to cry!!), I called the bank and was told my account was closed and information could not be provided over to phone and that I needed to visit the branch were I opened my account.

I went to the branch and was told that my account was closed because they did not have a proper identification card on file. I explained I gave my military dependant card not once but twice. Once when I opened the account because it was required and also a second time when I deposited my first paper check, the teller said she needed a copy for my records. Without a call to either myself or my co-signer they closed my account and charged me $5.00 because the account was under the 90 day period.

The supervisor looked in my account stated they have my I.D. and it was sent up twice and she doesnt know why they closed the account. I was told everything would be fine and the account would be reopened and of course the $5.00 refunded. I was told I would receive a cashiers check in the mail ($276.00) because of my closed account (minus $5.00 they charged me for the closing) but that they will resolve the issue. So I waited and decided not to open a new account elsewhere because the supervisor told me she would personally handle this issue. Here I am a week and a half later and my account has not been opened and my direct deposits from my employer are bouncing around ( a little over $500.00). Today I was told there is nothing they can do about the closed account because once its closed it cannot be re-opened. WHAT!?!?

No one is taking responsibility/action to help me. I know I dont make thousands of dollars but this is my money that is being held up, not to mention my employer is upset because this issue causes accounting issues for them.

I did nothing wrong, I submitted what I needed but yet I have to jump through hoops to get what is mine. I dont understand how the bank can admit fault, charge me for the mistake and not fix it. Now I have to go back to my job submit an inquiry for my pay and wait to be issued a paper check.

Why are banks not held accountable? How many people do they wrongly charge for their mistakes and not pay it back?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 11:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Convenience-Bank/harker-heights-Texas-76548/First-Convenience-Bank-First-National-Bank-Texas-Bank-admitted-wrong-doing-and-still-ch-1098943. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Convenience Bank