Complaint Review: First Convenience Texas

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: BlueSafire88 — Everman Texas
First Convenience Texas
1221 FM 1187 E Crowley , Texas USA

First Convenience Texas NSF Fees for non existant overdrafts. Money theft... Crowley Texas

*Consumer Comment: I think I see your problem..

We have been banking with First convenience Texas for a couple years. Never had a problem until this past week. We had two checks direct deposit and we paid bills when the money became available. We made sure we didn't go over our balance. The upcoming Friday I deposited three checks. Not only did the banker not tell me my account was over drawn she allowed me to put money into my account that we ended up losing. A few days later we checked our balance and we had negative $300.00 in the bank. I got a printout and they charged us a Non sufficient funds charge of $175.00! $175.00!!!

Not once but twice, but we didn't overdraft anything. The following day we called the bank and after telling them what had happened we were hung up on. The next day we went to the location and spoke with two bankers and were told pretty much we had overdrawn and that we didn't know what we were talking about. And in order to correct our account we would have to take out a loan. We haven't used the card since finding out we were in the negative. Now somehow we are negative $419.00. I'm so very angry. Do not use this bank they are thieves!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Convenience-Texas/Crowley-Texas-76036/First-Convenience-Texas-NSF-Fees-for-non-existant-overdrafts-Money-theft-Crowley-Te-1147136. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Convenience Texas

I think I see your problem..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Now somehow we are negative $419.00.

- Yet you have only $350 in Overdraft fees.  Umm...so even if we take out the fees you are still negative by $69.  Meaning that even though you "made sure" you didn't go over your balance, you somehow spent $69 more than you have available.

Just exactly how did you "make sure".  Let me guess..you looked at your on-line banking statement instead of keeping a written register.  Perhaps you tried to "float" a few checks, meaning you wrote checks BEFORE the money was available hoping that the checks would clear afterwards.

- Why is it the banks resonsibility to do this?  By the way you didn't "loose" this money, you were just depositing money to make up for the negative balance.  Of course they are going to allow you to pay back what you owe.

Which makes your current negative of $419 even more interesting, in that you probably had a much bigger negative and spent even more than you had available than you thought.

We haven't used the card since finding out we were in the negative.

- And?  Of course you haven't used the card.  In fact at this point and time I am sure that they have disabled the card and you couldn't use it even if you wanted to.