Complaint Review: First Credit Of America - Clear Credit - MyPerfectCredit

• Submitted: Thu, August 11, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, August 13, 2005

• Reported By:Cypress Texas
First Credit Of America - Clear Credit - MyPerfectCredit
300 N. Elizabeth, Suite 220B Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

First Credit Of America - Clear Credit - MyPerfectCredit ripoff Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: I finally got a response through a different email address

I have been receiving phone calls from First Credit of America regarding an amount of $59.95 that has been turned over for collection by Clear Credit.

Back in June 2004 I found a website online at www.clearcredit.com and thought it would be a good idea to ask for help in clearing disputed items off of my credit report. Therefore, I registered, gave them a credit card number. I then received the an email from them basically saying thank you for registering and here is your account number and access information. I never heard anything else from them until October 2004 where evidently I had requested my password since I could not access the account. I then received an email from them saying that they had reset my password. This is the last correspondence I have had with clearcredit.com. I just found out they were bought by MyPerfectCredit, whom I promptly contacted and was told that they could not give me any information and referred me back to First Credit of America.

The collections people were extremely rude and could never give me any information about what the charge was for. My story sounds the same as many many other here. and sounds like it is all a scam.

Please let me know if anyone has found a way to deal with these people.

Cathy
Cypress, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/11/2005 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Credit-Of-America-Clear-Credit-MyPerfectCredit/Chicago-Illinois-60607/First-Credit-Of-America-Clear-Credit-MyPerfectCredit-ripoff-Chicago-Illinois-153339. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Credit Of America - Clear Credit - MyPerfectCredit

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I finally got a response through a different email address

AUTHOR: Wanda - (U.S.A.)

I had been talking to the 1st credit people and the answering service to My perfect credit. They never helped. I looked at some responses to some complaints to the BBB. Someone suggested to send an email with all the facts of your situation to supervisor@myperfectcredit.com.

I tried this and received a response within 48 hours saying they would credit my account. I checked on the myperfectcredit.com site and the account has been credited, now with a zero balance.

They also said they would tell 1st Credit of america to stop trying to collect this from me - but that it would take about 15 days. I'm still waiting to see about that.

Hope this helps.