• Report: #820202

• Updated: Thu, January 12, 2012

• Reported By: J r — Watsontown Pennsylvania United States of America
First extended service corporation
Ch il and Dallas tx Chicago, Illinois United States of America

First extended service corporation Refused covering my blown engine Chicago, Illinois

*Author of original report: I hear ya

*Consumer Comment: OK, last try.

*Author of original report: Well the garage had three of them

*Consumer Comment: Almost there.

*Author of original report: I'm trusting god to prevail threw honesty

*Author of original report: For your information

*Consumer Comment: You don't have a leg to stand on.

I purchased an extended warranty from them through farfield Chrysler in Muncy pa and never received a contract of what wouldn't be covered and why. So now I have my 2004 Durango sitting at the dealer where I bout my vehicle from with a blown engine to only find out after asking if I could maintain my vehicle my self or would it void the warranty and I was told no I could service my self. neither party told me to document when I changed it nor did I have to save my receipts of purchases. so my wife threw them out cause she seen them as clutter. So I called them and they said they would process my claim and today I call and they tel me I'm sorry but with out your maintenance records we can't acknowledge your claim until they are provided. I explained it over and over to them and told them that it wasn't neglect that cause it to blow see Chrysler has. Knowledge that the 04 hemi engine fails with out warning so if I would of known this I wouldn't of bout the car. Every one I talked to on the phone at the wRranty company said that it could be rejected cause I couldn't provide them receipts I told them I have witnesses that are willing to state they know and seen me service my vehicle every six thousand miles but that isn't good enough for them. They rather keep the money I paid in and they drawled intrest off of since I purchased it in 2008 than live up to there obligation on payment.

I m sorry but I have been a round enough cars to know as long as they have oil in them to keep them lubes up they don't blow apart and my engine oil was full and so was the rest of the fluids. No body buys a newer vehicle to not take care of them so give me a break cover what I paid for

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2012 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-extended-service-corporation/Chicago-Illinois-/First-extended-service-corporation-Refused-covering-my-blown-engine-Chicago-Illinois-820202. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First extended service corporation

I hear ya

AUTHOR: J r - (United States of America)

The way they word it is open for discussion it say if the failure I caused by me the warranty is void so don't they have to prove it was my fault first I'm not arguing the point I just think it's a rip off either way cause I have asked a lot of people and they didn't know that was procedure either and they to have the extended warranty and so they are screwed to cause they didn't save there records either cause they thought mechanical failure was mechanical failure no matter what so to all of us that didn't understand that the warranty companies just get free money from us cause we just didn't know it should be made known more clearly at the purchasing time of it not just told your covered so u buy it

OK, last try.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

" Until they prove to me exactly it states that in my contract it's on them  "

Did you read my post?   If maintenance records are required for a new car factory warranty, why wouldn't you think they are required by any 3rd party used car warranty?   It's just common sense.   Even if you had a copy of your contract, I think you would be in the same place you are now.

I'm sorry if you don't get that, but that's how these things work.    Personally, I think these 3rd party warranties are a waste of money.   If the posts in the "auto warranty" section of this website are any indication, they are notorious for finding loopholes and not paying off.   In your case, however, your claim would be denied by the most legitimate of these companies because they all require regular maintenance records.   Even if you got the extended warranty directly from Chrysler, you'd still be out of luck.

Well the garage had three of them

AUTHOR: J r - (United States of America)

I have not put that many miles on the vehicle since I purchased it it had roughly 89 thousand and the garage did three of the oil changes for me there is only twelve thousand that I can't prove the maintenance for so with that said it should be enough for them to see I had maintenance done on vehicle also all my inspection records where done there and I used coupons when receiving them in mail for the oil changes go look up on the web at all the engine failure for that year and you will see it has nothing to do with maintenance it has to do with the valves dropping out of the top end destroying the bottom end so research it and the so called warranty company won't even prove that it state it in the contract cause if it would of been I would of never purchased it in the first place to me when you pay for coverage it's covered no matter what if you by a warranty on a tv it doesn't say as long as u maintain it your covered and I'm sticking to m guns no matter what it should of been explained better by them when I purchased it. Until they prove to me exactly it states that in my contract it's on them

Almost there.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"Any how blame me if you want but I know I maintained my vehicle like I was suppose to and so does god so if I have to eat this one I guess I will I just will never ever buy another extended warranty policy as long as I live. Cause it just is not worth the hassle . "

This has nothing to do with the extended warranty.   As a mentioned above, even the original factory warranty would not have been honored if you couldn't show proper maintenance receipts.    This is not about extended warranty companies or God.   It's about how all warranties work.   It's about teaching your wife that virtually all vehicle warranties are worthless without maintenance records.

I'm trusting god to prevail threw honesty

AUTHOR: J r - (United States of America)

Also the garage did maintenance on the vehicle as well so they have some records of the oil changes so they can see that there was maintenance done on it. I tried to get my receipts from where I purchased my maintenance parts so I could provide them but I was in formed that they only hang on to them for a year and after that they can't print out the invoices. I purchased the vehicle with around 89,000 on it and had the oil changed by garage and by myself witch the mechanic that serviced my vehicle no longer works for the garage so it's easy for them to hide information as well. If you want to all the blame on me that's fine since i am the one that married a woman that see s receipts as clutter. And does anyone actually take time to read every paper they sign at the time of purchase? Cause everyone I ask that question to said no. I owned a 1998 Durango witch I also maintained and I saved every receipt for it and had all documentation in it when I sold it. That's the difference between me and my wife she had no idea we needed them. And I guess I should of been mor specific with her when I said to hang on to the receipts. Apparently I should of said hang onto everything for the rest of the duration of the vehicles life. Any how blame me if you want but I know I maintained my vehicle like I was suppose to and so does god so if I have to eat this one I guess I will I just will never ever buy another extended warranty policy as long as I live. Cause it just is not worth the hassle .

For your information

AUTHOR: J r - (United States of America)

There has been plenty of maintenance done on my vehicle it has bran new brakes rotors tires and tranny filter I would have all my receipts if my wife dint find the as clutter in her glove box and I asked them for a copy and they can't provide me with even the document I signed also I see they have ripped off others also even when people asked for there policy money back I'm a strong in up keep practices and I went on line to there web site and guess what all of a sudden my policy number is gone and my claim information is gone looks like they are trying to hide something to me. For one they refuse to give me a copy of the signed agreement thus this tells me there is no such clause about maintenance records being needed for the contract. Also honestly how many people keep track of all there maintenance done on a vehicle only people who can take it to the dealer and hope they keep great records unfortunately I'm not so luck to be rich enough to do so so I have to save all my receipts come on really. First off they can't prove it either way nor can I but we shouldn't have to look it up on line the 5.7hemi engine in2004 has know problems and they warranty companies along with Chrysler know it but they don't want to do anything about it. And the statement about as far as a car having oil in it it won't blow came from a guy I know when explaining to him my dilemma and he said he never changes the oil in his car and I said yeah well I did and he said that he has over228,000 on his and hasn't change his oil once I never said I didn't and as far as it being friends as my witnesses no they are highly respected people that won't lie just like I won't lie for any one and that's why I didn't do fake documentation about my vehicle cause I thought just maybe once in my life time honesty would prevail in my favor but unfortunately I guess all this world wants is liars and cheaters but if that's what they want from me it's not gonna happen cause at least I will and my god will know I did the right thing. All I want is justice I'll even meet them half way I paid good money for it and trusted the policy and person who sold it to me.

You don't have a leg to stand on.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

Generally, I'm in agreement that 3rd party warranties are usually not worth the paper they're printed on.   Your report, doesn't advance that belief because it has a few fatal flaws.

purchased an extended warranty from them through farfield Chrysler in Muncy pa and never received a contract of what wouldn't be covered and why. "

You were purchasing a maintenance contract.  Don't you think it would be a good idea to know what you are buying?  This alone can sink you because you have no idea what is in the contract that you paid for.

Every one I talked to on the phone at the wRranty company said that it could be rejected cause I couldn't provide them receipts I told them I have witnesses that are willing to state they know and seen me service my vehicle every six thousand miles but that isn't good enough for them.  "

That's laughable.   You state that you have no records of maintenance being done on this truck.  You think they're going to just take you and your friends word for it.    Do you realize that no vehicle warranty (even the original factory warranty) is valid unless you can show that the truck was properly maintained?  Have you ever read a warranty?

" They rather keep the money I paid in and they drawled intrest off of since I purchased it in 2008 than live up to there obligation on payment. "

You also failed in your obligation to maintain the vehicle and keep records proving that the proper maintenance was perfomed.

" I m sorry but I have been a round enough cars to know as long as they have oil in them to keep them lubes up they don't blow apart  "

It's statements like this that would make people doubt that you really bothered to perform required maintenance.  You are obviously of the opinion that a full crankcase is the only real requirement to keep an engine healthy.   That's ridiculous.  I can't say I blame the warranty company.   They expect the vehicle to be competently maintained.  Your post does not display a lot of mechanical competence.