Complaint Review: First Extended Service Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, January 11, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2005

• Reported By:New Windsor New York
First Extended Service Corporation
Suresky Chrysler Goshen, New York U.S.A.

First Extended Service Corporation ripoff contract & dealer Goshen New York

When I purchased mt 2003 Sebring the Dealer sold me an extended warranty contract that is harder to deal with than the typical HMO. The wipers broke and I called them about having them repaired under the First Extended contract they sold me. The service manager informed me that they would have to diagnose the problem and contact First Extended for approval before the work could be done. They also stated that if First Extended denied the work I would be liable for the fee to diagnose the problem, anywhere from $35.00 to $85.00.

I told the service manager that the problem is obvious the wipers don't work and why doesn't he just look up the contract to see if they cover it. He told me it doesn't work that way. I'm not sure who the biggest ripoff is the dealer Suresky Chrysler or First Extended COrporation, it really sounds to me that any dealer that sells this contract is in partnership the warranty company and us the consumer is the loser.

Mary
New Windsor, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2005 07:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Extended-Service-Corporation/Goshen-New-York-12553/First-Extended-Service-Corporation-ripoff-contract-dealer-Goshen-New-York-126957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Extended Service Corporation