Complaint Review: First Option Lending Denver, CO

• Updated: Fri, November 08, 2013

• Reported By: Bo D. — Highlands Ranch Colorado
First Option Lending Denver, CO
2000 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80222 Denver, Colorado USA

First Option Lending Denver, CO Mortgage Fraud was committed by manipulating numbers to try and secure loan!! Broker was terminated mid process! Denver Colorado

I contacted First Option Lending after a referral from a friend. I began working with a Mortgage Broker by the name of Tracy Sheldon. At first things were great. I have been recovering from a few financial hiccups and I didn't know for sure if I could qualify for a mortgage or not. Upon receiving various emails from her, I spent days gathering necessary documentation to proceed with applying for a mortgage. After this, I waited until I had the green light from her to begin house shopping. Me and my fiance went into her office and I signed a ton of papers. Before we left, she had her front office associate run "findings" on my file. As I do not work in the mortgage industry, I was unaware what findings were. She explained to me that after findings are run, it guarantees that I was approved. She told me I was pre-qualified for up to a $200,000 loan. To make a long story short, we went under contract on a condo and then decided to back out because we decided a town home is a better route to take. However she was terminated in mid deal. I was then contacted by a new broker by the name of Jack Chamaty.
Now the story gets hairy. No longer am I pre-qualified, but apparently Tracy left a s*** storm of collateral damage for their office to clean up. I'm extremely disappointed in their business practices. First I am approved for a loan, then I was put into a position of having to beg to get my earnest money back and am in limbo on getting a mortgage to buy a home. The follow up with the new broker was mediocre at best. I did speak with their Branch Manager who did seem to somewhat care. But the
bottom line is their mortgage company "guaranteed" me and "Pre-qualified" me for a loan and they need to back that up. After all of the work I put into this and the sketchy mortgage broker, something needs to be fixed. It is unacceptable business practices. They hired the broker and if she was terminated from being unethical, they need to clean it up as a company. She represented them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 12:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Option-Lending-Denver-CO/Denver-Colorado-80222/First-Option-Lending-Denver-CO-Mortgage-Fraud-was-committed-by-manipulating-numbers-to-t-1097935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Option Lending Denver, CO