Complaint Review: FIRST RESOLUTION MANAGEMENT CORPORATION

• Submitted: Fri, April 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, September 09, 2008

• Reported By:augu Maine
FIRST RESOLUTION MANAGEMENT CORPORATION
2985 VIRTUAL WAY,SUITE 400 VANCOUVER, BC; CANADA V5M4X7 SEATTLE, Washington U.S.A.

FIRST RESOLUTION MANAGEMENT CORPORATION BAD CREDIT CARD DEBT CHARGE GONE INSANE ripoff SEATTLE Washington

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Information that may be helpful

I received a letter from First resolution management Corporation saying I owe them 12,296.39 for a Citibank credit card. I havn't had a card of any kind in 4 yrs. Anyway I wrote them back a Cease and Desist letter, informing them that I will only deal with the original creditor. I just received a letter in regular mail saying they bought the acc and they want their money in 21 days or they will take me to court and garnish my wages and seize my assets.

The only thing I have on the acc. is a # and principal $6948.32 , interest $5348.07 . No date of when this acc was from or anything. I don't know what to do. I have no records of it. Now they are thretening me with court. I can't afford a lawyer. I am scared to death. I certainly can't come up with this amount. Nor do I want to pay on something I don't even recall having.

lilly
augu, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2006 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FIRST-RESOLUTION-MANAGEMENT-CORPORATION/SEATTLE-Washington-98124-1000/FIRST-RESOLUTION-MANAGEMENT-CORPORATION-BAD-CREDIT-CARD-DEBT-CHARGE-GONE-INSANE-ripoff-SEA-185406. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FIRST RESOLUTION MANAGEMENT CORPORATION

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Orlosgirl - (Canada)

You should not have sent a cease and desist letter. You should have disputed the debt in writing and then asked them to contact you only by mail. Sending a cease and desist letter only triggers legal action.

Obviously your debt is valid or legal proceedings would not have started. There can't be a judgement on an eroneous debt.

Collection agencies, especially FRMC take pledges for ethical conduct in collecting. They are MATICULOUS in following U.S. collection laws, also known as FDCPA. Look it up sometime.

They would be fined so much money and possibly shut down if they blatanly broke the law.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

#3 Consumer Suggestion

#4 Consumer Suggestion

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Information that may be helpful

AUTHOR: Glenna - (Canada)

I am an ex employee of FRMC and I can tell you that there are 5 things that they look for to sue you. You have to meet 3 of the 5.
1. you have to be employed
2. under 55
3. you own your home
4. decent credit
5. balance of over 3000.00

FRMC does have their own litigation depertment and a lawyer in every state. I stopped working for them due to not agreeing to some of the way things were dealt with but I can tell you if you meet 3 of the 5 on that list you may want to consider paying this debt. They will settle at 85% they wont at first but eventually it will happen. If you get a call from a guy in the litigation dept you can guarntee that a lawsuit is in process. They are relentless. Please dont let them effect your credit. There are some really good collectors in that company but there are some that are a**holes.

Dont forget they work for a small comission. These people are yelled at and swore at just for trying to make a living. Most are not mean by nature and if you take a good tone with them and TRY to work it out they will work with you. If you are on ssi..fax them a letter stateing that. If your a single mom on welfare or just barely making it by...fax them a letter stating that with a pay stub. 70% of the time they will close the account out! I hope this helps.