Complaint Review: First Resolution Management - First Resolution Investment Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 22, 2008

• Reported By:Durham North Carolina
First Resolution Management - First Resolution Investment Corporation
Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

First Resolution Management - First Resolution Investment Corporation FRAUD ALERT: BE CAREFUL OF THIS COMPANY--NOTIFIED THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION Seattle Washington

First of all, please be aware that this company is a complete fraud. They did the same thing to me. They claimed the I owed money on an old CITIBANK credit card. I couldn't remember if I paid them so I called them to negotiate it and got in a screaming match with them. THIS WAS MY FIRST MISTAKE: Do not call a credit card company contact them in writing only.

I sent them a cease and desist letter and asked them to validate their information. While researching this company and reviewing another post on the RIPOFF Report, I found out that this company operates as a foreign corporation our of Canada. So I sent a registered letter to their Canadian in early 2007. Their Seattle office sent me a validation letter but the figures still weren't right and they were claiming that I owed them $5,000 dollars on a $300 dollar balance from Citibank which I had closed that credit card. They were claiming that I owed them interest from 2002.

I knew something wasn't right and I had a gut feeling that they were lying and in cohort with the Credit Repairing Agencies. My next letter was from an attornies office in Virigina Beach, Va claiming that I had to comply or they would follow suit. I still did not let that deter me nor frighten me. I searched through all of my records because I had gotten burned once before and FOUND 3 cancelled checks paying off my CITIBANK credit card completely. Finding those 3 cancelled checks were my vindication. I imediately typed up letters to all 3 Credit Reporting Agencies along with the 3 cancelled check and had them place a FRAUD Alert on my credit profile. I also contacted the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) about this company and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Consistently stressed by discreditable service
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 09:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/First-Resolution-Management-First-Resolution-Investment-Corporation/Seattle-Washington-98124-1000/First-Resolution-Management-First-Resolution-Investment-Corporation-FRAUD-ALERT-BE-CARE-404178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on First Resolution Management - First Resolution Investment Corporation