Complaint Review: Fitness 19

• Reported By: Kevin — Huntington Beach California
Fitness 19
19115 Beach Blvd Huntington Beach, California USA

Fitness 19 Fitness 19 won't cancel my membership Huntington Beach California

I have been dealing with them since December of 2013.Never once used them.

Paid the promotion to pay $9.00 a month per family member. Sounded great. Month tomonth is what caught my attention. The sales rep told me that we didn't have to sign a lengthy contract like 24 hour fitness and other gyms.

I was hooked. Well, they also didn't tell me that this is all ***. My wife and paid the upfront fee for a family of 3 and daycare. They said in May of 2013 when we paid it would be open in the summer and get ready.

Well the gym didn't even open until late October. Still when October came around and we still have yet to go they billed us for October. What was the $170 we paid for. When asked they said they were sorry and that renovations took longer than expected.

Well as you can figure we were upset and ask them to cancel our membership since we can do month to month. They said no problem and then November came and they billed us again. They told us that time had passed so long that they had to bill us for November because of the billing cycle. Seriously pissed at this point.

Told them to cancel out my membership. Here comes December and they tried to bill me again. I went down to the gym and the lady at the counter told me that only one person can help me out and he wasn't there. My wife threaten to call the police if they didn't refund us the money they have been taking.

Now, its 5 months later and what do I get in my mail. A bill for $250.00. Are you kidding me. My wife just called them and they said that we never canceled our membership.

Pretty sure we did when we ask in October, November, December and even went into the gym and canceled in person. So how is this possible? The lady started telling my wife in a very rude voice, " it's in your contract"! Now we have never even used their services and have been harassed and now want more money.

Just checked online with ripoff report with Fitness 19 and there are several customers complaining about the same thing.

Fitness 19 won't let you cancel your membership. I need help with canceling my membership in Huntington Beach, CA 92648. 3623557

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2014 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-19/Huntington-Beach-California-92648/Fitness-19-Fitness-19-wont-cancel-my-membership-Huntington-Beach-California-1144719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness 19