Complaint Review: Fitness Evolution

• Updated: Tue, May 28, 2013

• Reported By: Gary — San Tan Valley Arizona
Fitness Evolution
1433 E Williams Field Rd, Gilbert, AZ ‎ Gilbert, Arizona USA

Fitness Evolution I originally joined Spectrum Fitness in 2011 and set up an automatic withdrawal at that time for the 1st of every month. Evidently Fitness Evolution took over Spectrum Fitness and I get a call from the billing company telling me I am late even though there was an automatic withdrawal from my checking acct on the 15th. (after going into the fitness center in Gilbert, AZ it was explained that my billing cycle was changed to the 15th and I was double billed. Then the manager tried to convince me to keep my membership. After an argument ensued she told me to leave. So I have ended up emailing the cancellation request to Evolution Fitness and they are going to bill me for another month becuase I have to give them 30 days notice. They didn't give me 30 days notice. Gilbert Arizona

Recently Fitness Evolution took over Spectrum Fitness and their billing company called telling me I am late with my payment even though there was an automatic withdrawal from my checking acct on the 15th. (after going into the fitness center in Gilbert, AZ)  it was explained that my billing cycle was changed to the 15th and I was double billed. Then the manager tried to convince me to keep my membership. Then she proceeded to tell me I had to pay for Jun alos because I am required to give 30 day notice.  This is a rip off, I paid thru 15 Jun and I should be able to cancel my membership anytime.  I did not join Fitness Evolution I joined Spectrum Fitness. After an argument ensued she told me to leave.

Why it is so hard to cancel a gym membership?  You can't cancel on the phone.

v

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2013 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Fitness-Evolution/Gilbert-Arizona-85295/Fitness-Evolution-I-originally-joined-Spectrum-Fitness-in-2011-and-set-up-an-automatic-w-1054518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Fitness Evolution