Complaint Review: fitnessblowout.com

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 01, 2007

• Reported By:Maple Grove Minnesota
fitnessblowout.com
2210 S Sepulveda BLVD Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

fitnessblowout.com promised a refund, Tried to up sell, changed return policy Los Angeles California

On January 16, 2007 I ordered an Iron Man elliptical cross trainer from www.fitnessblowout.com. It took about one week to have it delivered by Old Dominion. It had some concealed damage but when my wife tried to attach the foot pedals the screws pulled right through. I have never seen such inferior quality for the price I paid.

I called the V.P. of sales Steve Barzilai at 800-348-4537 and had quiet a heated discussion for about 20 min. He agreed to give me a full refund minus the delivery charge.I called back two days later and talked with customer service at X450 and was told the credit was in place that it would take 4 business days for the money to be back in my checking account.

1 week later I called back to ask customer service where my refund was and was told it was never done. I called Steve Barzilai back left two messages before he called back. I also informed him that the Attorney Generals office is now involved. He acted as thugh he was doing some paperwork while I was on the phone and said he would call me back in 2 hours that the money would be back in my account today.

The call never came.I am still pursuing this with the help od the consumer complaint division of the Attorney Generals office for the state of Minnesota.

Rick
Maple Grove, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2007 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/fitnessblowoutcom/Los-Angeles-California-90064/fitnessblowoutcom-promised-a-refund-Tried-to-up-sell-changed-return-policy-Los-Angeles-237544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fitnessblowout.com