- Report: #1099017
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: FitnessRepairParts.com
FitnessRepairParts.com108 Hamilton Industrial Ct. Wentzville, Missouri USA
FitnessRepairParts.com Refusal to honor Return Terms and Conditions Wentzville Missouri
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I purchased a controller board for a True Fitness Treadmill on 9/13/2013 and the part arrived at my home on 10/18/2013. The board was meant to repair an issue with my True Fitness 700 Treadmill. After recieving the board, I tested to see if the problem was in fact resolved, and it was not. After further testing and callibration, with the assistance of a repair technician, I decided that this treadmill was requiring too much time, effort, money to fix, so resigned myself to abandoning it completely. At this point, (11/13/2013), I called FitnessRepairParts to request a return authorization (RA). Per their terms and conditions of return, I could return a product within 30 days or receipt of the part. Below is a subsection of their exact terms & conditions:
- RA's for a refund must be requested within 30 days of receipt of the product.
- All returns (except for defective parts) are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- Returns for electronic parts (except defective parts) are also subject to a 30% electronics inspection/testing fee.
- The RA number must be written in 2 locations on the outside of the box.
- A signed copy of the original packing slip must be inside the box.
- Return the part, with shipping pre-paid, to FitnessRepairParts.com, 108 Hamilton Industrial Ct, Wentzville, MO 63385. NOTE: NO COLLECT packages will be accepted, you must pay the return shipping.
- Any package that is refused or un-deliverable to you will be charged return shipping to us by the shipping company. We will deduct this return shipping from any refund that you are entitled to receive.
- Only non-used parts can be returned for a refund, if you install it you own it. The above defective parts warranty is still in effect and we will replace parts returned and determined by us to be defective.
However, also present in their terms and conditions is a warranty section which claims that electronics parts only carry at 15 day warranty. See below for this excerpt:
HOW LONG DOES THIS WARRANTY LAST?
- Non-electronic parts carry a 30 day warranty, from delivery date of original order
- Electronic parts carry a 15 day warranty, from delivery date of original order
Per the legal definition of a warranty claim, the consumer of the item in question must be looking for a replacement or repair of the part - which I am not looking for. I would like them to honor their return policy of 30 days from reciept of the product. I called customer service to request this and was denied. I escalated to a supervisor level, and was once again denied. This company is in violation of its own explicit return policy contained within its published terms and conditions. Not only will they not honor these terms and conditions, but they are extremely rude and unprofessional to deal with.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2013 10:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FitnessRepairPartscom/Wentzville-Missouri-63385/FitnessRepairPartscom-Refusal-to-honor-Return-Terms-and-Conditions-Wentzville-Missouri-1099017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.