Complaint Review: Five Flags Motorbikes

• Submitted: Fri, August 27, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, June 17, 2011

• Reported By:diberville Mississippi
Five Flags Motorbikes
7621 Pine Forest Road Pensacola, Florida U.S.A.

Five Flags Motorbikes Ripoff, insulted, fraud description of products, dishonesty, no customer support! Pensacola Florida

*Consumer Comment: love thier product

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Now, The Rest Of The Story

I spent almost a thousand dollars on a pair of gas motorbikes.The seller had all the answers to my questions until I paid him the cash.In less than 2 hours after making it home,the bikes started having problems.
The website describes the bikes with tail lamps and turn signals.

Well,it didnt have it.I called and he told me that its not important.I have checked with local laws before I got these bikes and public roads do require such equipment for any motor vehicle to be on the road.He states that its not street legal and told me not to call him to impress him with my knowledge about local laws and it being legal or not.

I told him that it's my safety that I was worried about especially when its not just me that's going to be riding these bikes.He showed no concern whatsoever and continued telling me no matter what I wont be able to ride it in public.His site clearly says that it has tail lights.I confronted him and while on the phone he got onto his site to see where it says that there were tail lights.He told me he doesn't design the site and that someone else takes care of the site.I mentioned to him that these bikes were produced with tail lights,headlights and turn signals.He demanded me to show him where I got this info,I refused to give it to him.

I told him clearly that my safety is very very important and the only thing he kept telling me was to resell the bikes and send him the money and he'll sell me a different set of bikes.At this time only 1 bike has been used.He refused to give me a refund on the other bike,unused.In disappointment,I kept the bikes knowing that this seller wasn't going to go out of his way to make things right.

I called him back the same afternoon about another problem that had came upon the bike.The chain had snapped off when I was riding it and went flying and messed the body paneling up pretty bad.I asked him to send me another chain and he told me that I could go to a bike store and find a new one.Well,his site says that if theres a defect that can be repaired,he'd send the part out and the customer can do the repairs.Well,he refused.I had to go and pay for another chain.

After getting the other bike started,I rode it for less than 3 hours total in the time of 1 week.The bike is now dead,will not start. I emailed him asking for advice and help.I got no returned emails. After a few more emails,he returned my mail saying" You know teletyping has been obsolete for over 75 years now,thats why we have cell phones.If you want any help then I advise you to call unless you just wanna email me to chit chat." Still,no help. My bike is still dead til this day and the cost for repair isn't cheap. Now ,even when I get a chance to make calls to him,he doesn't answer.Even til this day.

By now the muffler broke off the bike that runs,gaskets blew,my throttle cable snapped and the headlights on the bike is blown out.

I emailed him asking him since he knows everything about these bikes,why don't he just do the repairs for me. He returned my email stating for me not to insult him ..he said" I was in the Navy for years and mastered engineering and went to college so dont tell me what I know or not.These are simple 2 cycle engines,any lawnmower repair shop can fix this." Well,I just stopped emailing him because Im getting nothing out of him,no help,no support.Sure I can take the bikes to the lawnmower shop,but then thats more money out of my pocket.

The bikes had a 3 month warranty. I bought it on June 2nd 2004. The last thing i told him was to just send me a throttle cable.He said he'll rush it to me...its been over 2 months now.I had to pay for a new one from another dealer. My girlfriend called to ask about the throttle cable and told him that the bikes are still under warranty and she asked why he can't send us replacement parts for our bikes, he just hung up on her. She called back and he said she was being rude. Rude? We are the customer!!!

Anh
diberville, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2004 04:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Five-Flags-Motorbikes/Pensacola-Florida-32526/Five-Flags-Motorbikes-Ripoff-insulted-fraud-description-of-products-dishonesty-no-cust-105658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Five Flags Motorbikes

love thier product

AUTHOR: oneeyedfatboy - (United States of America)

i have bought two bikes from frank  loved the first one over 15000 miles on it second one just over 700 on it first one was stolen if you think the bikes are sh-t look around  lock tite all nuts and bolts only one problem with my bikes rear rim  i cant say about all thier stuff but if you want the best buy the 49 cc ohv set up its aknock motor of honda gx 50 they are great and fast

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Now, The Rest Of The Story

AUTHOR: Bill - (U.S.A.)

This customer called and said that he had seen some pocket bikes on various websites and was looking for a dealer that was close to him. He insisted that Pocket Bikes were legal in Mississippi. I explained that although I did not know the laws of his state, these bikes had no Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), no title and were not legal for road use in Florida. The customer said that he would purchase two bikes if given special pricing. He also wanted to drive over to pick the bikes up rather than have them shipped. THE CUSTOMER PICKED UP THE BIKES PERSONALLY and HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS BUYING BEFORE HE LEFT. WE DID NOT SUPPRISE HIM WITH ANYTHING MISSING. We NEVER told him that having the required lighting was NOT important. Who would say that! We did tell him that, as we had initially explained to him, THESE BIKES WERE NOT INTENDED FOR STREET USE. The customer became irate when he was unable to ride these off-road bikes on the street. Although he insisted that he had seen these bikes on various websites with tail lights and turn signals, he would not provide us with any documentation. By his own admission (third paragraph of complaint), HE REFUSED TO GIVE THE INFORMATION TO US.

We explained that he had purchased the bikes at a discount ($100 off each bike) and suggested that he could easily resell and purchase something else that would meet his needs. His only response was that he wanted a full refund on what we now considered "used bikes". I never asked him to sell the bikes and "to send me the money".

The customer did claim to have a broken chain. Due to the fact that these bikes were a fairly new product for us, I did not have the chain in stock. I told the customer that if he could purchase the chain somewhere locally and would send us the broken chain, we would reimburse him. He refused. We do offer to send in-stock parts out to customers upon return of the defective part.

The customer kept having his girl friend call us instead of speaking with us directly. His second method of contact was by email. I did tell the customer that direct contact by telephone was more efficient than relaying techical info and trouble-shooting suggestions through a 3rd party or by email. It is very difficult to get a grasp on the symptoms and to suggest remedies without direct conversations. This was merely an attempt to get the best information conveyed. He said that we didn't answer the phone whenever he did get a chance to call. This is a complete lie. We always answer the phone or we would not be able to make sales or to stay in business for almost 12 years. I admit that we got tired of talking to the customer's girlfriend, especially since she was rude (as we told her), knew nothing about the product and was not even our customer. Our final response was that the customer could return the bike to us for warranty work (as explained on our website) or have a small engine shop examine the bike at his expense. He opted to do neither and instead attempted to slam us on the internet.