Complaint Review: five point capital

• Submitted: Thu, September 30, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, September 30, 2010

• Reported By: Bill from PA — Scott township Pennsylvania United States of America
five point capital
10525 vista sorrento pkwy San Diego, California United States of America

five point capital Don't believe the $1.00 buy out San Diego, California

I got a call 5 years ago from David Beckman. He told me of a great lease option for my business. I could lease equipment and at the end of the lease buy it for $1.00.

So I took him up on the offer. Pick out a pickup truck. He sent all the paper work to the dealer and I had to sign it at the dealership. Every thing went good for five years.

Then after five years I called to find out how to make my $1.00 buy out and get the title to the truck.

I was told that since I didn't contact them three months before the anniversary date that it automatically renews for another year. They also said after the year was up I could buy it out at fair market value. I was completely taken back by that. She said to read my contract.

I filed a claim with the BBB. Five point called me to make a deal. The deal was (to make a long story short) pay them another $4,200 and I will get title. So I ended up paying 65 months of lease payments then another $4,200 for the buy out for a grand total of $44,800.00 for a $25,000.00 truck. I would love to build a house for my friend David Beckman and charge his rates.

This is a total scam and would be willing get involved in the class action suit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2010 10:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/five-point-capital/San-Diego-California-92121/five-point-capital-Dont-believe-the-100-buy-out-San-Diego-California-646373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on five point capital