Complaint Review: fiverre.com

• Updated: Wed, October 10, 2012

• Reported By: John — Fort Myers Florida United States of America
fiverre.com

fiverre.com Fiverr viloates "fairness" requirements of FTC, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Fiverr denies "gigs" for breaches of editorial guidelines that are unpublished

*Author of original report: Fiverr.com NOT Fiverre.com

Fiverr offers advertising services yet is in violation of laws that 1) require advertisers to provide users with their advertising requirements. In this case my product image is being rejected for reasons of "editorial guidelines" which they refuse to share with me. 2) My images for multiple ads are unique yet they now say they can't "resemble" each other. That they resemble each other is simply a common background color and a logo.

Without the logo I am unable to protect the consumer from imitators. This is "unfair" to consumers as I understand federal rules. Please help me protect all consumers by warning them about unreasonable requirements that hurt their interests. Fiverr is preventing me and others from protecting the consumer by accepting responsibility for and branding our products. If Fiverr can't comply with Federal laws that make common sense; their business model is flawed and they ought to be closed. Thank you in advance for assisting me in getting this matter into the court of public opinion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 05:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/fiverrecom/internet/fiverrecom-Fiverr-viloates-fairness-requirements-of-FTC-Internet-944332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on fiverre.com

Fiverr denies "gigs" for breaches of editorial guidelines that are unpublished

AUTHOR: Tony - (United States of America)

I too have experienced trouble with Fiverr and their (lack of) support. Just this morning, I checked my email to see that a new gig I set up yesterday was denied based on their editorial guidelines. It immediately annoyed me, because I made a diligent effort to make sure my gig wouldn't violate their TOS. Now they try to spring some "editorial guidelines" on me that were never presented to me, and are not even available for viewing? That is highly unacceptable.

When I registered on the site, I was presented with, and I only agreed to, their terms of service (which make no mentions of editorial guidelines). As a result, I cannot see how these editorial guidelines, whatever they are, are binding in any way. I'm curious to know what laws are involved here and if Fiverr is in violation. To the original poster: what laws can you cite?

I can attest that Fiverr's support is dodgy at best, as they don't share their so-called editorial guidelines, and they dodged all my questions regarding them. What kind of support team avoids questions? Certainly not any competent one I'm aware of. If this company is as problematic as I'm starting to see, then I will take my earned money and run, once it clears and I can withdraw it. They act like they're the only company around, based on how they denied my gig based on mention of an external service that's not even remotely related to Fiverr! I mean, come on! Is that not childish or what?

I'd love to see (even get involved with) an effort to bring a class action suit against Fiverr, as I know I'm not the only one that they have mistreated. Whoever else reads this, please chime in with your experiences, and, if anyone can provide some legal insight, that'd be wonderful as well! This isn't even about a measly $5 or whatever pittance (okay, sometimes small fortune) one can earn...it's about principle. If a company cannot be transparent about all requirements of its participants, then said company has no business doing business anywhere, and thus needs to be shut down.

Fiverr.com NOT Fiverre.com

AUTHOR: John - (United States of America)

Company's name is mispelled.