Complaint Review: FJB Associates, LLC

• Submitted: Wed, March 28, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 28, 2012

• Reported By: Rachel — Cary North Carolina United States of America
FJB Associates, LLC
124 White Oak Drive, berlin, CT 06037-1635 Durham, North Carolina United States of America

FJB Associates, LLC FJB Remodeling, LLC Will Not Deliver the Product and Will Not Refund My Money Durham, North Carolina

Last year, I was minding my own business and shopping at BJ's Warehouse Club.  FJB was doing a sales promotion for windows and I was accosted by the representative.  I told her I was not interested but she insisted I have a presentation.  Someone from FJB called me and I told them I was not interested but they insisted on sending out a sales rep. to my home.

As it turned out, the rep. was acquainted with my neighbor.  Despite his presentation, I told him I was not interesed.  However, they also sold storm doors and as my door lock is not functioning and will require replacement (this model lock is no longer available), I knew that I would have to replace the door.  The sales rep., named Tony Wilson, indicated that FJB made a replacement door that had a screen, which was a feature I was interested in as it would allow me to keep the door open during the warmer months.  As a result, I went ahead and bought the door, mostly because the sales rep. was a good friend of my neighbor.

I admit I did not do my homework and checking like I ordinarily do.  As it turns out, a local home improvement place sent a flyer with the exact door that I wanted. I was shocked that FJB's price was 3 times as high as the door offered at the store.  But I was prepared to proceed.

FJB came out to measure.   Then I got a call from FJB saying they had measured wrong.  When they finally came to install the door, to my dismay it was no different than my old door and there was no screen, which was a feature which I had specifically ordered.  I did not accept delivery and I told both the installer (Dave I believe) as well as Tony what I wanted. I even sent them to Lowe's to see the feature that I wanted.   Tony later admitted to me that he saw the door and told FJB about it.

Nothing was done.   Other than one phone call where no message was left, there was no contact.  Summer turned into fall and turned into winter.  As Tony frequented my neighbor's home I spoke to him towards the beginning of the year and he indicated that FJB would refund my money.  When no refund arrived, I wrote a letter on Feb. 9th demanding a refund.  No response.

I called Tony.  He confirmed that FJB received my letter and he promised to look into this. Again, nothing.   I am now going to demand arbitration as  per the written agreement.

It should not take 1 year to order and install a door.  Not only did this company fail to measure correctly, they either did not order the correct product or their sales rep. misrepresented the product to me despite the fact that I was very clear about what I wanted.  And on top of it all they have the gall to charge more than 3 times the normal price for their products.  Now they will not deliver the door or refund my money.

BJ's should be ashamed of allowing a company like this to harass its members.  However, let this be a warning to other consumers - do business with FJB Associates/FJB Remodeling at your own risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2012 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/FJB-Associates-LLC/Durham-North-Carolina-27703-5951/FJB-Associates-LLC-FJB-Remodeling-LLC-Will-Not-Deliver-the-Product-and-Will-Not-Refund-M-860535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on FJB Associates, LLC