Complaint Review: Flagship Merchant Services

Flagship Merchant Services
P.O.Box 3429 Thousand Oaks, California USA

Flagship Merchant Services Bad Experience Thousand Oaks California

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to help

I was researching for a new credit card merchant on the internet in January this year & found that Flagship Merchant Services was rated very highly (misinformed). I had been using a terminal only one year old but was told by sales rep. John McGarry that I was required to update again at a cost of $149.00. After receiving the new terminal, I had been charged $25.00 for shipping he failed to mention. I went to use new terminal for the first time & it would not connect to the host. I called and talked with John on this issue & he referered me to they're tech support. They informed me that I needed a router or a different unit. It's been three months now with no resolve except for three months of service fees & not been able to take a credit card. I complained to John on more than one occassion & to merchant support with no real concern or answers. Finally received a refund on terminal for $147.00 but they will not refund all the fees. I've lost on three months of not having credit card acceptance & $110.00 in shipping & service fees with this bad experience. Who is in charge for giving this company a deceiving high rating

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2014 06:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flagship-Merchant-Services/Thousand-Oaks-California-91359/Flagship-Merchant-Services-Bad-Experience-Thousand-Oaks-California-1143170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flagship Merchant Services

We'd like to help

AUTHOR: Operations Department - ()

We regret this customer’s negative experience. All of our credit card machines will process through an analog phone line or ethernet connection. Our understanding is that a few weeks after the customer received their terminal, he attempted to process via a system that was neither a standard phone line or internet connection. The account was cancelled per the customer’s request, and his card was refunded minus a 15% restocking fee per the FAQ section of our website. Based on this complaint, we will take it a step further to ensure a more amicable separation of the relationship. The remaining $26.10 has been returned to the customer’s credit card. As well, a refund request for their monthly fees, totalling $73.85 has been processed