Complaint Review: Flash Auto sales

• Updated: Mon, March 10, 2014

• Reported By: Pearl — Englewood Colorado
Flash Auto sales
1221 Caprice Drive Castle Rock, Colorado USA

Flash Auto sales Rip Off: Sold me used car that broke down next day and required $2000 in repairs. Castle Rock Colorado

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: 2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 for $1600.00

Colorado State law requires that dealers who sell used car that will not pass emissions test either purchase car back or pay for repairs. We purchased a 2000 Kia from this dealership for $1600 and it broke down on way to inspection center 2 days later. Cost of repairs: over $2000 and the garage took 3 weeks to repair car.

Discussed this with Dealer (Jimmy) and he told me they would pay $400 towards repairs which they did not do. They seemed surprised to hear of this state law pertaining to used car sales. Also feigned surprise that the car broke down, although anyone who knew about cars would know it had problem with head gasket and timing belt. They still sold car to us. Beware of this crooked dealership.

Also, have not gotten title from them yet.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 06:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flash-Auto-sales/Castle-Rock-Colorado-80109/Flash-Auto-sales-Rip-Off-Sold-me-used-car-that-broke-down-next-day-and-required-2000-in-1129729. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flash Auto sales

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

2000 Kia Sportage 4x4 for $1600.00

AUTHOR: Jimmy - ()

Flash Auto Sales buys in good faith and sells in good faith. We are unable to predict the future of any vehicle we buy or sell.

We offer warranties on all our vehicles including the Kia Sportage and we do what we can to satisfy our customers before and after they purchase.

This customer purchased the 2000 Sportage 4x4 and had knowledge of the hard start which is why it was for sale for $1600.00.

2 weeks after purchase they called and informed us that the head gasket had blown the day they drove the vehicle home and they wanted their money back.  We informed them of the AS-IS they signed and that the best we could do would be to pay half, I have a copy of the bill, which 1/2 was $400.00. I have the bank statement showing that they paid the mechanic for repairs.

They received the title in the alloted 30 day period. Again, Flash Auto Sales buys in good faith and sells in good faith. I stand behind every car I sell and do my best to sell the best used cars in Castle Rock.