Complaint Review: Flexible Benefits Plans

• Submitted: Mon, October 09, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, October 14, 2006

• Reported By:Stroudsburg Pennsylvania
Flexible Benefits Plans
1288 Valley Forge Road, Valley Forge Commons East, Bldg. 57, P.O. Box 873 Valley Forge, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Flexible Benefits Plans, Inc. ripoff, dishonest, misleading, liars, thieves Valley Forge Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Help for Brian

As a small business owner, I contracted with Flexible Benefit Plans through my company, Scobeyville Homes, Inc., at the referral of a friend, to provide me with Health Insurance. The agreement was that I would be enrolled in Blue Cross/ Blue Shield and they would make automatic monthly deductions from my checking account to pay for this service. Due to increasing rates I contacted them in July of 2006 to request that my coverage be cancelled before the August 1st deduction. I was told that the coverage would be cancelled and no deduction made from my account. The coverage was in fact ended, but they deducted the payment anyway, leaving me short that amount of $630.89. I immediately called them and they apologized and stated that a refund would be mailed within 7-10 days, as they said they could not directly return the money to my account. After approx. 15 days with no check I again called them and was advised that it would now take 6-8 weeks for the refund check. After waiting more than 8 weeks I called again, and was given yet another story of 10 more days. At that point I was beyond frustrated and so I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for their area and have not yet had any reply. This morning I gave them yet another courtesy call to inquire as to the status of my money and asked why a manager or president would not speak with me and was told in a very sarcastic manner that "they have better things to do". I do not believe that they will refund my money, which I very much need as I have a family of five to care for and have extreme physical issues to contend with. My wife and I feel that this is consumer fraud, and would appreciate any help that we can be given in obtaining our money, as well as helping other consumers avoid doing business with dishonest companies. Sincerely, Brian

Brian J
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2006 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flexible-Benefits-Plans/Valley-Forge-Pennsylvania-19482-0873/Flexible-Benefits-Plans-Inc-ripoff-dishonest-misleading-liars-thieves-Valley-Forge-P-214846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Flexible Benefits Plans

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Help for Brian

AUTHOR: Sue - (U.S.A.)

Hi Brian, I am a Pa. licensed health agent and I have never heard of that company. I suggest you do not wait any longer for your money and contact the Pa. Dept. of Insurance and report this company and file a formal complaint. You may call the Dept. of Insurance at the consumer liason at 717-787-3166 or consumer services 717-783-2153. You may also file an online complaint form found on the Pa. Dept. of Insurance website. Please have the company's name, address, phone number, and your so called policy info when you call. You may also check to see if the company is even licensed in Pa. to sell insurance on the website also. It is unheard of that you should wait for the return of your insurance payment that was drafted after you canceled it.

I suggest you cancel that bank account that the premium was drafted from immdiately before more money goes missing. Every health and life agent and any company that sells insurance MUST be licensed by the state of Pa.

Anyone that has this problem in Pa. or any state contact your State Dept. of Insurance to file a complaint right away before someone takes off with your money. Best of luck!