Complaint Review: Florida cars 2001

• Updated: Sat, June 15, 2013

• Reported By: Unsatisfied — N. Miami Florida
Florida cars 2001
5635 Hallandale Beach blvd Hallandale, Florida USA

Florida cars 2001 The owners auctioned off my car without my knowledge after I took it in to get traded in. Hallandale Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Nissan

*Consumer Comment: The Possible Real Story Here!

I purchased a car from Florida cars 2001 Inc. in december of 2012. Within 1 month and a half I began experiencing issues with this car. The main reason I purchased my car was due to the fact that I am not originally from Miami and was in dire need of transportation, as I came here to attend to college. This car caused me more stress and grief than any other vehicle I have EVER driven in my life. The passenger door was completely faulty.

When passengers shut the door it would always make a loud slamming noise as if the door was unevenly placed on the car itself. The window on that same side of the car did not also go up completely which meant that water got it whenever it would rain. The first issue was the fuel injectors that had been clogged within a month and a half of me driving the car. I quickly reported this issue to the dealership as I had bought the car used with a unofficial 3 month warrenty.

I was instructed to bring in the car and that they would clean the fuel injectors for me after constant back and forth with one of the disrespectful owners of the dealerhship. They clean the fuel injectors and within two weeks while driving on biscayne blvd my car had completely shut off at a stop light and refused to respond. The embarassment was the least of my worries at the time as I now had a 2007 nissan altima that needed to be pushed to the side of the road as soon as possible. As a 19 year old college student who is not originally from miami, it was a lot to deal with. I had no help at all and was low on funds so i couldn't call a wreck truck.

I called a mechanic who had been familiar with my unreliable car. He told me that my fuel injectors were clogged again which meant that my engine was not having the proper air flow through out the engine  and recommended that i switched to premium gas (93) instead of regular (87). After switching the type of gas, i was right back where i had begun. At times the car didn't car start at all and wouldn't start due to the fact that my engine lines were not successfully pumping the gas through the engine.

When i alerted the owners of the dealership the issues that i was facing with my car, they were extremely rude. They treated me as if i wasn't a customer that had been supporting their business on a monthly basis when I paid my car not. I am still trying to find out who they treat with respect if the people that are putting money into their pockets aren't recieiving it. I began experiencing issues with the car overheating. This issue was the worst as i simply wasn't able to drive out of a 3 mile radius of my school.  About 2 months ago i decided to trade my car in with the same dealership because I simply was paying monthly for a car that wasn't reliable.

I figured they would understand why and find me something a bit more decent but i recieved a lot of resistance from the owners. 2 months ago I had towed my car there back to the dealership for a mechanic to take a loook at it and then analyze how we could solve the issue. They told me my only options were was to lose your money or to fix my car on my own. That didn't sit well with me as I had paid $3000 down out of the total price for $6500 not including  tag, fees, and interest.

The owner and I had gotten into a verbal arguement over the phone as I tried to explain to him that he had known from the beginning that he had sold me a piece of crap and should have some sort of satisfaction to give me as a paying customer. He got extremely angry and threatened to take a hammer to the car because i was making him mad. After my mom who has been making my monthly payments give him a call, he decides to go 50% on the total cost to repair the engine.

His mechanic said it would be $1500 to fix the car. After consulting other mechanics, they had informed my mom that that price he gave us is too much to pay. We decided to do our own research and 5 days ago when I tried to contact them to recieve their address, I was informed that they had sold my car in an auction due to the fact that they did not recieve payment for the last 2 months.

1. There were no threats sent to us of it being repossessed (as it had been sitting at their dealership)

2. I never signed any documentation off on my car!

3. I did not have prior knowledge to it being auctioned

4. I had personal belongings in my car that were sold in that auction

5. No options to make a difference in payment arrangement (Which was not even the case)

6. One of the owners hung up on me after I inquired about my car saying that I had told them I did not want my car and that it was sold.

7. I never agreed to have the dealership auction off my car!! (Which is illegal)

I am in the process of filing a civil suit against Florida cars 2001 inc. and would like any one else who had been ripped off by them to take a stand today. I have to arrange rides to work everyday due to the fact that my dealership took it upon themselves to make bold decision with property that does not completely belong to them. It is not okay by any means for people to take advantage of other people's hard earned money and should not be something that goes ignored.

I would never recommend anyone to this dealership as they are a group of unprofessional individuals who have no reguards to how hard people work to acheive things in life. They are rude people who you would not want to find yourself caught up in monthly payments with. I strongly recomend people to read reviews on car dealerships before pruchasing a car. If I had read the 3 previous rip off reports before this one, I would never purchased anything from the establishment.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2013 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Florida-cars-2001/Hallandale-Florida-33023/Florida-cars-2001-The-owners-auctioned-off-my-car-without-my-knowledge-after-I-took-it-i-1059470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Florida cars 2001

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Florida cars 2001 - ()

Customer purchase the car about a year ago he drove the car with no antifreeze overblown the head gasket ask us to help him fix the car. we tried to help him but he is a spoiled kid that think he can screm just because he is the customer. after it was explaind that its he's car and its responsibility to repair it and make the payments on his loan he said that he don't want the car anymore and left it at the dealership. his mom called us and ask us to keep the car and waive he's balance so we did he gave the car up about 2 months now. and few days ago he called and ask if he can get his car back .I told him that I have to check if its still in our dealership .well he never called back and yes we still have the car but now he can't get it back only if he pay the car in full

The Possible Real Story Here!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

YOU didn't make two payments.  The contract states (if you bothered to read it) failure to make payments on time means YOU defaulted on the contract and as such, they have the right to repo the car.  When a car is indeed repo'ed, it is usually sold at auction.  What they get for the car at the auction is then deducted from the contractual amount and YOU will be sued for the difference.  You completely gloss over the fact YOU failed to make payments.  Could be all the alleged mechanical issues are nothing more than a smoke screen because your main purpose here is to somehow discredit the dealer because they took action against YOU because YOU defaulted on YOUR contract.  Oh, one more thing, don't waste your time crying that I must work for them...because I don't!